Peugeot 504 brake rotor options

the pipe threads are different on dual circuit 504 but your late model car should have that already
If you need a rear compensator valve i have reconditioned units available for250 AUD posted to you exchange preferred

the pipe threads are different on dual circuit 504 but your late model car should have that already
If you need a rear compensator valve i have reconditioned units available for250 AUD posted to you exchange preferred
Thanks Ian, my current thread is 10mm metric connector into 3/16" pipe, what size is the dual circuit using?

My old single-circuit 1972 504 had its brakes fail once, and it was quite frightening. Luckily I was in a back street but I had just come off a main road, and it was a hilly area. I can't imagine coming down a hill there and not being able to stop at the lights, but instead ploughing into the traffic coming at right angles, including trucks.

Im in Singapore.. not sure if anyone here can rebuild brake booster. Anyway, I ordered dual circuit master cylinder already. I am hoping the rear pressure compensator still work well
What are the rules in Singapore for older classic cars. I know other cars have a life of 10 years then have to be off the road, usually exported .I had someone from there contact me wanting to know if i wanted to sell my 504 cabriolet to him [i didnt want to sell] .He said all cars had to be original RHD and not converted cars

What are the rules in Singapore for older classic cars. I know other cars have a life of 10 years then have to be off the road, usually exported .I had someone from there contact me wanting to know if i wanted to sell my 504 cabriolet to him [i didnt want to sell] .He said all cars had to be original RHD and not converted cars
In Singapore, we are allowed to keep the car registered indefinite, as long as we renew the license.
In many cases the physical values of 10 years old cars are so small that making it not worthy to extend (therefore majority of owners will choose to scrap / export their car).
Some cars are lucky enough to get their owners keep on renewing their license.
Used cars are not allowed to be imported to Singapore, with exception for classics over 35 years of age. They are allowed to be re-registered in a special scheme here (similar to Australian "club rego") with restricted use on the road. Classics are eligible for 90% rebate on the license and road tax.

Last edited:
Ian, what's the symptom of failing rear compensator? From the outside there's no visible leak whatsoever.

My old single-circuit 1972 504 had its brakes fail once, and it was quite frightening. Luckily I was in a back street but I had just come off a main road, and it was a hilly area. I can't imagine coming down a hill there and not being able to stop at the lights, but instead ploughing into the traffic coming at right angles, including trucks.
So far in this thread we have had two people with brake failure in 504s. WOW!
Bring back the aussiefrogs' stickers I say, and put them on the front windscreen so that I can avoid them if I see them on the road. :devilish:

the 2 faults with brake compensators is they either leak or get frozen by rust.

Ok so now you all have me thinking that I while my 504 is in the garage while rebuild the brake calipers, I should be upgrading the master cylinder to a later model dual circuit? Will this later model dual circuit master cylinder bolt up to my existing booster? Then it's a matter of making up new brake lines from MC to calipers.

Ok so now you all have me thinking that I while my 504 is in the garage while rebuild the brake calipers, I should be upgrading the master cylinder to a later model dual circuit? Will this later model dual circuit master cylinder bolt up to my existing booster? Then it's a matter of making up new brake lines from MC to calipers.
I heard you could fit a corolla MC

1613691741275.png

As per the varying comments, it's a personal choice. As one of the unlucky few who have experienced complete and sudden brake failure, my view is that it's a worthwhile improvement. It would be a bit of mucking around but I'm guessing that it really comes down to bolting on extra/different bits.

I have experienced it too Peter...and if luck would have it, it was arriving at the 2018 Bastille Day French Car Display in Brisbane. I was able to limp home after the event as it was only 3kms away, but it was a hairy ride.

Toyota corolla fits? What year model?

Will this later model dual circuit master cylinder bolt up to my existing booster?
No....the reservoir sits at the wrong angle.
However, theoretically (I'm not sure if it has been done....maybe) it is possible to fit a later model reservoir, master cylinder and booster......but then to keep the original front and rear wheel cylinders.
Here is how : The connector block down the bottom of the engine bay can be easily removed and machined so that on the IN side it is later model with concave flare and on the OUT side is still convex flare.

You'd need a good machinist who has been given an example of the concave flare female side....ie a connector block from a 505 or late 504.
Or a wheel cylinder from same models

No....the reservoir sits at the wrong angle.
However, theoretically (I'm not sure if it has been done....maybe) it is possible to fit a later model reservoir, master cylinder and booster......but then to keep the original front and rear wheel cylinders.
Here is how : The connector block down the bottom of the engine bay can be easily removed and machined so that on the IN side it is later model with concave flare and on the OUT side is still convex flare.

You'd need a good machinist who has been given an example of the concave flare female side....ie a connector block from a 505 or late 504.
Or a wheel cylinder from same models
And different threads as well. Later is metric. Just change the flare nuts to suit, reflaring as this is done.

That reminds me of the joke about the guy who was in a foreign country, didn't speak the lingo, and needed a flaring tool or pipe spreader.
He had to mime what he needed, and said that although he didn't find what he needed, it certainly got him into some interesting nightclubs. :D

No, you need dual caliper booster too, as the flange bolt is wider. It's a plug and play booster, slightly bigger diameter - 200mm vs original 175mm - but it fits nicely on RHD cars (although Serie04 does not recommend).
You can reuse existing distribution block, just block the output to the rear pipe.
I added Wilwood brake proportioning valve so I can fine tune rear pressure.

It turns up very nicely. New booster, new 19mm dual caliper, new pad, proportioning valve, and skimmed rotor. Brake pedal feels very light and responsive. Next upgrade would be ventilated rotor, but will see how...
Capture.JPG

Buy these 2 parts from Serie04 and it would fit.
4601 52 SAS - tandem master brake cylinder
4635 40 - Brake fluid reservoir
The reservoir doesn't come with the cap, but you can reuse the old cap.