Peugeot 407 V8 Supercar

Bluey

Fellow Frogger
Found on page 11 of "Racecar engineering" magazine, Vol 14 No. 1, was the following paragraph,

"The new UK-based SCV8 Supercar Championship has announced its first three franchise teams. These are Team Dynamics Racing Jaguar X-Type, Team Varta Vauxhall Vectra and Vic Lee Motorsport Peugeot 407. Promoters SPL said that these three franchise teams would assemble the first 12 cars for the series."

More information can be found at www.scv8.co.uk and www.web-solution.co.uk/scv8/news.htm

Power is said to be 550bhp and the cars are to weigh in at 1280kg.

humm, interesting idea, one could almost draw parallels with our V8supercars

minimum weight limit 1280 uk vs 1380 oz
control engine V8 3.3L 550bhp vs 5.0L 680bhp
control wheels/tyres 18 inch vs 17 inch
external bodywork must remain as per factory using factory panels
front engine rear wheel drive

tekkie said:
humm, interesting idea, one could almost draw parallels with our V8supercars

minimum weight limit 1280 uk vs 1380 oz
control engine V8 3.3L 550bhp vs 5.0L 680bhp
control wheels/tyres 18 inch vs 17 inch
external bodywork must remain as per factory using factory panels
front engine rear wheel drive

Is it just me or ist it really silly when these race series have everything controlled, from engine to most suspension components ... so that in the end it's just the bodyshells and drivers which are different between the cars. takes all the fun out of supporting your marque.

lucin said:
Is it just me or ist it really silly when these race series have everything controlled, from engine to most suspension components ... so that in the end it's just the bodyshells and drivers which are different between the cars. takes all the fun out of supporting your marque.
yup.

it isnt really a "ford vs holden" its more along the lines of a better team wins...

so I guess I'm more of the supporter of any series that can have 3~5 winners instead of the same driver coming 1st every race if you know what I mean... humm ford sierra days... or the Nissan GTR's...

It's a bit that way here. Only two makes to start with...

Holinger gearboxes in both makes, Holden (by necessity...) use Ford diffs (as were also used in the Sierras when Dick Johnson found the Euro Ford diffs broke...), now they are forced to used Ford front suspension, much of which is fabricated anyway... and then there's the rear axles that have camber adjustment... neither the regular solid axles nor the independent rear ends the cars are or were sold with are used at all.

I agree... there needs to be more variety...

Thats part of the reason why i like watching those races with porche vs lambo vs viper etc etc... variety! and the fact they are different cars :mallet:

but give me a rally any day and i'll be happy :cheers: