Peugeot 407 v6 BSM wanted

matara

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Anyone breaking a 407 v6. Been hunting down a replacement BSM so I can get my a/c working. Part number is 9656005680 or BSM-L02-00. Have only found 1 in Spain and they want to ship it DHL which is cost prohibitive!

A/C compressor clutch short circuited and has blow a relay in the BSM. Have replaced the a/c clutch coil, rebuilt the compressor and re-gassed and get Diagbox F995 compressor cluch circuit fault. Relay is probably fried in the BSM, but PEugeot in their wisdom have made it a sealed unit. Tried opening it up but double sandwich circuit board encased in rubber silicon means its not servicable.

Thanks

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0665.JPEG
    IMG_0665.JPEG
    751 KB · Views: 71
You could possibly remove (by destruction) the relay from the top and expose the board it is soldered to and then wire in another relay via pigtails and a socket.

David/Dylan,

Been down that path. Issue is getting to the relay from the top is hard given the silicone they have bathed it all in. Its like pulling a never ending elastic band to get it off, and then I opened up the bottom to find there is a double layer PCB board that means you can't access the relay solder point from underneath either. I think you would break the PCB if I went any further.

I am thinking of running a seperate relay from +ve to the compressor coil, which will kick it off, I just need to work out how to cycle it using the pressure switch in the system to prevent it overcharging.

I found a replacement BSM that has the same serial number but it's in Spain and they will only send via DHL which makes it about $800 landed. I am only about 85% sure a new BSM will fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_1260.jpeg
    IMG_1260.jpeg
    612.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot 2023-02-17 233354.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-02-17 233354.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 78
I was thinking of cutting open the relays from the top to see if one of them is burnt out to see if that's the one. The a/c engineer that rebuilt the compressor warned me that the coil shorting out would have blown fuses or caused relay damage up the line. Diagbox confirms this

Attachments

• 330890882_904120234123382_6706949412118673143_n.jpg
    330890882_904120234123382_6706949412118673143_n.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 74
I was thinking of cutting open the relays from the top to see if one of them is burnt out to see if that's the one. The a/c engineer that rebuilt the compressor warned me that the coil shorting out would have blown fuses or caused relay damage up the line. Diagbox confirms this
L02 BSM is abundantly available (both used and new) over here. Surprised it's scarce at your end.

That error/fault from your scan is a common fault in most 407 I have come across (I don't remember checking if their AC worked with that fault definition). Have you swapped in another Compressor to be sure it's not the sensor/solenoid on the tail of the compressor that is the cause?

Lion-King Monk

Steve

I'm wrecking a late model 407SV 100,000 km old VIN=VF3 6DXFVJ 21690762. Everything worked on this 407 so the engine bay fuse box should be good. I find that PSA ServiceBox provides the most reliable way of checking whether parts are compatible. If both vin numbers point to the same part number then I believe it is better that 99.9% certain to be right.

Bill McNamee
Technical Officer
FCCOC

I reckon I've got one, but I won't be home for a fortnight. If you're still chasing one then, let me know.

Yep stil looking
I reckon I've got one, but I won't be home for a fortnight. If you're still chasing one then, let me know.
Did you end up having one?

I am looking for one similar as well, BSM-L02-00 9661682680. I ended ordering one from worldecu or auto24parts (based in Poland!). A little worried that it a) won't work if it does arrive and b) might not arrive at all. Especially given the mixed reviews on the site. So I am sure i will be coming back and scouring Australia for a reputable supplier very very soon.

I did and it didn't fix my issue. In the end after everything I did it was the connector for the compressor that someone had poked a test light into, forced the contacts out so they weren't touching. John Brown from Revive my lion figured it out and had it fixed in 10 mins. I now have working aircon again!!

Down side is I have a brand new BSM 9656005680 that I didn't use. I will have to sell it on.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the update. The one from auto24parts is apparently on its way and arriving on Monday. If it doesn't fix it (and it is due to the faulty secondhand part), I will check with the guys fixing the car if the 9656005680 will work in place of a 9661682680 (assuming they will if both a BSM-L02-00?? but i have no idea). If they do, i will reach out.