Peugeot 407 Bonnet Cable

The Fixer

Fellow Frogger
Hi, the bonnet cable has snapped at the interior end and I cannot find the broken cable to be able to open the bonnet. I have removed the glovebox to give me more room and unbolted the wiring harness that I assume the cable goes behind, still can't find the bugger. Anyone know what I can do, my next thought was to put the car on ramps and try from under the car!!
Well I got under the car and found the cable for bonnet release, pulled, yanked then swore at it, I now think the cable has broken at the bonnet latch end.
Does anyone know how to prise the latch open???
Cheers

Last edited:
I have been able to open the bonnet from underneath the car, you can get your hand up in between the grill and fan to undo 2 bolts that cover the bonnet release mechanism, after removing the cover there is a trigger shaped piece of metal that takes very little pressure to move back towards the gearbox direction and the bonnet will open. Hope this maybe of help to others, if in the same thing happens to them.
Cheers

As the owner of a 2007 407 HDi manual I have noted your experience, so thanks muchly for posting the info. Is there any discernible reason for the cable failure.?

It appears that the clip holding the cable into a hole has fallen off, there was nothing wrong with the cable itself. Not sure if I can get another clip or have to buy the complete locking mechanism. I think I'll try some wreckers first.

It appears that the clip holding the cable into a hole has fallen off, there was nothing wrong with the cable itself. Not sure if I can get another clip or have to buy the complete locking mechanism. I think I'll try some wreckers first.

You maybe able to get it repaired at a cable making outlet. :2cents: