Peugeot 404 clutch slave cylinder

Dan404

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi all, I lost the fluid in the hydraulic clutch system in my 404 but not sure at this stage where the leak is. I want to replace the master and slave because they’re looking a bit sad. The master cylinder was empty and the bottom of the bowl filthy with orange gunk. I’ve ordered a new master from EAI but they don’t have any slave cylinders in stock. Der Franzose and Serie04 are out of stock as well. Does anybody know where I can get a new slave cylinder for a 404, preferably in Australia?

TRY EWIN PARTRIDGE IN BRIS 07 33534448

If Lew can't help you, the Peugeot Museum spare parts division has them in stock.
Part number 2086.08
Cheers,
Dano

1691483529656.png

Fair enough if you can get a new one easily, but if not, I second the re-sleeving. Stainless will last longer. too

While you're at it, use silicon brake fluid in the clutch system when you have all the new bits. Flush the line thoroughly with metho to remove all traces of old fluid. It will give you smoother operation and the new cylinders will last for ever. I did this with my 403 brakes 30 years ago and they are still good. Silicon brake fluid is available from motorcycle shops as some makes of bike use it.