Peugeot 403 Main Bearings Needed. Please help!

James Gelido

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Hi guys,

In the process of rebuilding our engine. Almost managed to source all the parts, however, Franzose is out of stock for 403 main bearings. They emailed me saying they wont be in stock until Jan next year. Was hopping to get the Pug on the road by this Christmas.

Does anyone have or know of anyone who has Main Bearings for a 403 engine?

I will be eternally grateful, haha

Thanks,

James

MIght be worth trying Auto Surplus in Mitcham

Auto Surplus
35 Rooks Rd
Mitcham 3132

03 9873 3566

They go around buying up old dealerships and jave an impressive array of old stuff - was able to get 4CV/Dauphine rings etc with no great difficulty

They either have it or they don't , but it is well worth a try

Best Wishes

Andrew

Hi guys,

In the process of rebuilding our engine. Almost managed to source all the parts, however, Franzose is out of stock for 403 main bearings. They emailed me saying they wont be in stock until Jan next year. Was hopping to get the Pug on the road by this Christmas.

Thanks,

James

I have a set as I mentioned to you a while ago. Front main is missing though, but not a huge problem as many of the front mains are of the white metal variety and can be remetalled. If yours is not of that type I have a lot of used bearings, so can supply a suitable one.

Hi guys,

Thanks,

James

What size are you after?

I have a set as I mentioned to you a while ago. Front main is missing though, but not a huge problem as many of the front mains are of the white metal variety and can be remetalled. If yours is not of that type I have a lot of used bearings, so can supply a suitable one.

Oh, awesome, good to know. I'll check with my friend who is re-building. So far he has just said we are looking for mains that are undersized, the first undersize if possible (0.3), also, piston pin bushes which I can't find on Franzose.

Last edited:
MIght be worth trying Auto Surplus in Mitcham

Auto Surplus
35 Rooks Rd
Mitcham 3132

03 9873 3566

They go around buying up old dealerships and jave an impressive array of old stuff - was able to get 4CV/Dauphine rings etc with no great difficulty

They either have it or they don't , but it is well worth a try

Best Wishes

Andrew

wow, awesome! will definetly give thme a shot.

Thanks,

James