Peugeot 403/203 - Engine Rebuid - Spare Parts Available - 203

James Gelido

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Hi guys,

As my 'Peugeot 403 Engine Wanted' had no replies :cry::cry::cry: I have decided to go with the 403 engine I have. Still turns over, but when I levelled the engine up a whole bunch of water came out of it (not a good sign, i know). Good news is, the engine is complete, but, has been sitting under the house for over 30 years.

Anyone know or keen to help me rebuild this bad boy? (I have a workshop manual if that helps, haha)

Plan is to stick a nice set of headers on her, twin carbs, and possibly bore out to a 404 piston.

Photos attached. Also, have a ton of spare parts for 203's including, doors, front fenders, complete grills, windshields, boot and more.

Keen to sell or trade so please feel free to pm me.

Looking forward to some ideas,

Thanks,

James

403 engine.jpg403 engine 2.jpg RR 203.jpg203 RR.jpg

Do not cut corners the engine will at least need to be totally stripped down and cleaned new rings and bearings at very least before you even think about further mods.

Hi guys,

As my 'Peugeot 403 Engine Wanted' had no replies :cry::cry::cry: I have decided to go with the 403 engine I have. Still turns over, but when I levelled the engine up a whole bunch of water came out of it (not a good sign, i know). Good news is, the engine is complete, but, has been sitting under the house for over 30 years.

Anyone know or keen to help me rebuild this bad boy? (I have a workshop manual if that helps, haha)

Plan is to stick a nice set of headers on her, twin carbs, and possibly bore out to a 404 piston.

Photos attached. Also, have a ton of spare parts for 203's including, doors, front fenders, complete grills, windshields, boot and more.

Thanks,

James

View attachment 107704View attachment 107705 View attachment 107706View attachment 107707

There look to be a few "project" cars in that garage :) What are the cars in the background?

Ian.

fiat (volumex?) 124 spider and ...

Last edited:
I have lots of parts, also a running condition 203 engine. Didn't go particularly well but rings and a head rebuild would fix that.
I'm in Melbourne. Would be free of charge.

Hi guys,

Thanks,

James

View attachment 107704View attachment 107705 View attachment 107706View attachment 107707

James

I have an extensive number of 403 engine performance bits, including 2 (I think) blocks set up for 404 sleeves, pistons rings etc. I have all of the late great Ken Brigdan’s parts and spares( and race car). I am not sure where you are but i am in the Hunter Valley of NSW.

I have the details also for setting up twin webbers, and a modified head to suit, and a range of hot cams.

Send me a private message if you anything is of use.

Cheers

Do not cut corners the engine will at least need to be totally stripped down and cleaned new rings and bearings at very least before you even think about further mods.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks ian!

I have lots of parts, also a running condition 203 engine. Didn't go particularly well but rings and a head rebuild would fix that.
I'm in Melbourne. Would be free of charge.

Thanks for the offer Graham, but, really looking to get a 403 engine in her with a 1600cc plus I'm also in Sydney which could pose a problem, haha. Will keep it in mind though.

Thanks again! :)