Peugeot 308 SW 2015 - vibrations

R8RX

Fellow Frogger
Hi! Have a little vibration issue on my 308 SW 2015 model. 2.0 HDI 150 hp. It starts vibrating at about 90km/h. Vibration is at the front. Do not feel anything through the steering wheel or when I am braking. But somehow I can feel the vibration through the throttle pedal and it feels like it is coming from the middle of the car, under the dashboard. Does not feel like the vibration is coming from the wheels, but it follows wheel speed, not engine revs. Specially when I am cruising at about 90km/h. If I accelerate from slow speed and up to over 100km/h I feel nothing. Then slowly decelerate to 90 the vibration comes back. I have tried 3 different sets of wheels. Not much difference between those three.

Any suggestions to the problem?

The pedal is connected to nothing but the body shell. It happens on decelleration. If it isn't wheel related it still may involve hubs and brakes.

Is it knocking or light and tinny?

Does the engine rock hard when the car is rapidly stopped from slow? Get an observer for this. It would show an engine/transmission mounts problem.

The pedal is connected to nothing but the body shell. It happens on decelleration. If it isn't wheel related it still may involve hubs and brakes.

Is it knocking or light and tinny?

Does the engine rock hard when the car is rapidly stopped from slow? Get an observer for this. It would show an engine/transmission mounts problem.

No, can't say I am hearing any noises.

Thought about brakes, but it seems a bit weird that when I brake the vibrations does not get stronger as it would with warped discs. Engine mounts seems ok.

This sounds like inner drive shaft joint wear, had this on my first Renault Laguna
Thank you, do you know if there can be other signs on inner drive shaft joint wear?

A driveshaft inner joint with a dislodged spring cup is possible and you might feel varying resistance as you turn it. Sometimes, a fault like that comes and goes as the relative position of the driveshafts change or when you travel through a slight bend. Was there any incident where either driveshaft was knocked or extended a lot?

A driveshaft inner joint with a dislodged spring cup is possible and you might feel varying resistance as you turn it. Sometimes, a fault like that comes and goes as the relative position of the driveshafts change or when you travel through a slight bend. Was there any incident where either driveshaft was knocked or extended a lot?
Thank you! I really don't know. The vibration has always been there since I bought the car. Thought it was the wheels at first, but have gone away from that theory now.