Peugeot 308 HDi auto transmission service

tonch504

Fellow Frogger
Hello all,

My daughter’s 308 HDi has begun to shift gears a bit harshly.
The vehicle is a 2010 model, has travelled 380000 km and is yet to miss a beat. It’s a great little car!
I’d like to change the auto transmission fluid and filter to see if this helps. Of course the transmission says, oil for life, or something like this, but ignore that.
I wonder if anyone can provide advice on the fluid type, the filter part number and the procedure for replacing both?
Thanks in advance.

I agree the valve body is probably on the way out (it goes Wheee-clunk) but don't buy one here. They are about one third the price from Gearboxes are us in the UK and a new one (don't buy secondhand or remanufactured) will get to you in about a week and cost about $750. The installation will effectively require a gear box flush anyway.

Thanks all, for the advice. Will look into the valve body replacement.
When the AM6 in our 307 T6 2.0 Hdi started banging on shifts I took it to Torque Shift in Pakenham (VIC) and they rebuilt the valve body for about $2000. Apparently it is so smooth because there is some dither on the spools but the spools are (Teflon?) coated and the coating wears through and makes them sticky. They had a kit of parts to fix it. That was several years ago and perfect still.

as mentioned elsewhere rough changes can cause mechanical damage, so dont leave it longer than necessary to replace valve body ,