Peugeot 308 automatic transmission problems

Chevychase05

Tadpole
I’ve recently purchased a 2009 Peugeot 308 with a ‘20TS30’ (AL4) 4-speed auto in it, the vehicle has done 85,000km & has full service history through a Peugeot dealer.
Unfortunately I purchased it from a private seller & didn’t bother to get a mechanical inspection (silly me!) & it has developed some transmission issues.

I would just like some suggestions on which way to go with it.

Here are the symptoms
1/. Firstly when it’s cold you select drive & it starts to go then jerks, then goes again.
2/. Also while it’s cold, you moderately accelerate and when it changes from 1st to 2nd gear it stumbles badly (a couple of bang sounds) & then decides to take off again, very disconcerting, especially in traffic!
3/. When coasting from 80kph back to 60kph and then applying a small amount of throttle is will sometimes free-rev as if it’s in neutral.
4/. The transmission feels as if it’s slipping badly when it changes into each next gear & after a few seconds it feels as if it hooks-up & you get positive drive.
5/. When applying full throttle while driving the gearbox kicks down engine revs hard & it won’t shift to the next gear & sometimes feels as if there is no drive & then a massive shudder/jolt (feels like the engine is about to fall out) & it then puts a fault on the dash (gearbox faulty) & goes into limp mode. I have been able to overcome this by disconnecting the battery for s little while.

I’m weighing up to get another low km 2nd hand transmission from a wrecker (approx $1000) & fit it, but I’m worried I might end up with the same issue with another box, even though it will have a conditional 3-month warranty.

Or am I better to get the auto reconditioned? I’m unsure on what the costs are for this?
Any suggestions on which way to go with this one?

Thanks

Need to get some codes out of it so you know what is failing

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

I’ve had this into my mechanic who is pretty good with these cars. He had a code-U0404
Which he traced to a shifter issue, he replaced the shifter but unfortunately the problems still persist.

Would anyone be able to give me a good contact in Melbourne or country vic area for Peugeot transmission repair/replacement?

If you google up french transtech you will discover several threads about the AL4 and fellow aussiefrogger frenchtranstech. Last I knew he was running his own successful auto box shop in Melbourne, and considers the AL4 to be a good, but misunderstood auto transmission. Besides that it is a very good idea to ignore the B S about the 'sealed for life' and change the oil with an oil of same specifications.