Peugeot 308 2.0 RHH esr/esp/abs warnings

Luke G

Fellow Frogger
So my incredibly reliable till now 2010 308 with 170k on the clock has finally thrown a wobbly. Driving home after 4 hours on the road in the rain I lost power steering and had esr/esp warnings come up. It then went for 10 mins without problems until whilst stopped at a red light I turned the steering wheel slightly and it did it again and I also had all the lights on the dash flicker and heat/fuel/tacho/speedo gauges give wild readings, it also went into limp mode. I checked the codes this arvo and it gave open high injector readings and p1374 (crank shaft position early activation). I cleared the codes and took it for a drive and everything seemed normal. Does anyone have anyone advice on what the issue might be?

P1374 is an injector fault, probably ancient history.

308s have electric pumped hydraulic assisted steering, like C4s, don't they? If it didn't leak, what about the pump unit? Was the steering stiff in both directions?

I’m fairly sure the steering is the same as the C4. Yes, the steering did get stiff in both directions but is now back to normal.