Peugeot 307 Diesel Additive - Buy in Australia?

The usage of the term “alternative to adblue”
is a bit of worry

Indeed.

And yet the second link specifically says it is "a suitable alternative to PSA Particulate Fluid 973665, 997995, 973685,973686, C973685, C973686"

Although I note that is a seller of the fluid, rather than the manufacturer.
I can't seem to find an MSDS for it which might give a slightly less biased view.

Ummm - Adblue isn't Particulate Fluid is it? There seems a bit of confusion here - I can't imagine one single fluid could replace DPF fluid (EOLYS) & Adblue :confused:.

It can’t two total different things so my point was if they stuff that up how to be sure what additive they will supply most are not backwards compatible.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

4007 is different to early 307

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

4007 is different to early 307
In what way do you mean that they're different?

Just saying that they're different doesn't actually help. Yes, we know that they look different. They have many differences, but what difference is relevant to this situation?

There are different brews of additive depending on build date. On a C5 at least the colour of the tube fittings is an indicator. There are AF threads on this.

Last edited:
John Codogan stated a while ago that ADD BLUE will suffice ??//I often wondered if not...WHY NOT.??

John Codogan stated a while ago that ADD BLUE will suffice ??//I often wondered if not...WHY NOT.??

Just google it - they are not the same, in much the same way that oil is not coolant, and vice versa, even though your engine requires both.

You do know that the latest PSA diesels require both? EOLYS (contains Cerium - a metal) to help burn off the carbon trapped in the particle filter, and Ablue (urea + water) to help reduce NOx (oxides of Nitrogen) emitted from the exhaust.

What exactly did John Cadogan say that Adblue would suffice for? Read this thread if you think that it might be OK to put Adblue into an EOLYS tank: http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/131903-adblue-product-its-suitability-peugeots.html
In particular, read Post #16.

Cheers

Alec

In what way do you mean that they're different?

Just saying that they're different doesn't actually help. Yes, we know that they look different. They have many differences, but what difference is relevant to this situation?

Sorry the additive for a 4007 is different than the additive for a solid tank 307 even though they do the same basic thing we are talking about eolys /dpx etc here nothing else

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

Sorry the additive for a 4007 is different than the additive for a solid tank 307 even though they do the same basic thing we are talking about eolys /dpx etc here nothing else.
Thanks, Dave.

That helps me understand. And I presume that it will help other people as well.

:thanks:

If you look at the Walker additive, they distinguish by the colour of the connector. My 2006 307 2.0 HDI has the green connector on the bladder which is Eoly 176. From memory there is white, pre 2003, and blue post 2010 (but that is from memory.)

My 2011 Citroen C5 3.0 HDI has just given me the Low DPF Additive message after 193,000 km. Have not ascertained the correct replacement fluid yet, or what colour the snap connector on the tank is - green or blue. Looking at this tomorrow. Anyone got any thoughts on obtaining the fluid outside of the dealer network? My parts guys at Spareto in Estonia have a number of Walker products in 1 Ltr and 3 Ltr containers with references to Citroen part no 9736 A1. The 3 Ltr container costs AUD$209 landed in Oz.

The fluid contains a metal, cerium, which is a dangerous good and troublesome to send by air. Spareto and other European suppliers will very likely refuse to send it.

It is imported though, the slow way..

EAI at Thornleigh can probably help if you ring them with the VIN ready. You can DIY the refill but you will need Diagbox to reset the computer or the fault won't go away.

But you spend more in fuel........
You may not, at the moment, with the way that diesel fuel prices are rising!

I'm sure that petrol prices are rising, too, but I don't often re-fuel our one petrol-engined car. I don't notice trends as much as I do in diesel prices.

Sorry for the diversion. Back to the topic!

Thanks Seasink for the heads up re EAI. They had a 3 litre kit in stock - on transport now. New part no from PSA for my 2011 DT20C engine #1623961680 - cost $273 inc GST.