Peugeot 307 Diesel Additive - Buy in Australia?

Possible mod?

Morning Gents,
More questions from a novice:
1) I understand a little about the transportation of hazardous, dangerous, restricted and confidential items. If you can’t post/ship it from England, then how does it get there from Peugeot?
2) What is the additional cost involved in packaging, labelling and shipping the hazardous substance ?
3) Can the pouch containing the fluid be replaced with the hard case container configuration on the vehicle, available on earlier models without major modifications to void having to deal with this issue again?
4) If so, a wrecker should be able to plug remove and sell the part here in Aus, yes?:rolleyes:

1. Focus diesels do have a particulate filter. Only the very first Focus diesels didn't have one - I believe the LT didn't but the LV, LVMk2 and the new LW all do have a DPF.

2. You can't cut out the DPF as there are pressure sensors that will dob you in to the car's computers. I believe it can be done (it happens in the UK) but you have to set up false sensor info for the computer to keep it happy.

I'm not advocating that, I have a DPF in my car and want it to stay.

I think the real problem isn't the technology, it is the outrageous prices being charged for a refill. It will give a bad reputation to good technology (and good cars).

Thanks for the info, good to see that Ford are now fitting a filter. The last one I looked at was a few years old. This begs the question as to how Ford are going about the automatic soot burn off for the filter in the Focus diesel. If they're using Eolys fluid as well (and it seems logical that they might), then wouldn't the stuff be plentiful and hopefully cheaper via the Ford spare parts network?

I wouldn't remove the DPF from my car either but thought that I should point out the option. There are plenty of UK websites telling you how to do it.

Totally agree about the "outrageous prices" comment. Last time I heard of someone getting this done, I'm sure a figure around $300 was mentioned, and that was considered expensive at the time. Here I'm seeing figures 3 or 4 times that being quoted. My first reaction would be to phone a few other dealers for prices (or see if Peugeot mechanics outside the dealer network will do this). The actual "filling" process should only cost about half an hour's labour. As for the cost of the fluid itself, the obvious option is to obtain it outside of the Peugeot spares network if they are really charging that excessively.

Finally, peugeot dealer who knows...

So my 3rd Peugeot dealer I took my 307 into knew straight away which fluid my car had. Dealer is in Lismore, NSW. A bunch of really honest, genuine blokes.

Cost $293 for 3L of original eloys fluid. $80 labour for them to do it, $35 for them to plug in their computer to reset the counter.

Moral of the story... SHOP AROUND!!! I just saved $1,200 by going to a different Peugeot dealer for the same job.

Yet, my Peugeot still gives me grief. Even after telling my car that it has a new FAP filter and is full of additive Peugeot still can't clear the fault code...meaning my tank of new fluid isn't even being used yet till the code is cleared. 2.5hrs later, which they didn't charge me for, and they still couldn't clear the code. Peugeot Lismore is contacting Peugeot Australia Tech team or something because they are stumped as to how to clear the fault code.

Just a quick word on my wheel bearings too. JAX quickfit tyres replaced my bearings with the ones I bought over from UK. ABS sensor error still displayed. Peugeot said that JAX may have put the bearings in back the front so the sensor reading was on wrong side. Called up JAX, guy said "I've been doing this for 20 years and mate, your bearings are in the right way. Must be your cars computer with the ABS error." So I pull both my front wheels off myself and the JAX guy had installed the ABS sensors wrong, he had them sitting on the circ-clip that is at the back of the bearing. Fixed it myself in about 20mins, just moved the circ-clip round so it wasn't interferring with the ABS sensor. All good.

Waiting to hear about clearing my Diesel Additive fault code with Peugeot...

"I've been doing this for 20 years and mate, your bearings are in the right way. Must be your cars computer with the ABS error." So I pull both my front wheels off myself and the JAX guy had installed the ABS sensors wrong

Please tell me you made another phone call?

Hi David,

Good thread and glad that you were able to find an alternative to the full-priced solution.

Is there any chance that you could find out the details of the the fluid and the source from your machanic? My wife has a 2006 307 with 120,000km on it, and we'll be at the stage of needing more fluid before too much longer. I'm sure that there will be many other 307 owners in the same boat as the mileage on them creeps up.

many thanks,
John

Add blue is injected into the catalytic converter as an after engine treatment
As i understand the Pug system it goes into the fuel .
Please correct me if that is not the case .
I would not be using ad blue in a pug
Addlue cost $22.85 for 10lt from a volvo truck dealer.
John .
CPR .

Peugeot dealers are rip offs.

Hi guys,

Im new to the forum, but Ive been looking at this forum and the other world pug forums for a while.

My pug 2005 307hdi my06 was crashed by a mate a few years ago and then fixed up by a peugeot approved repairer. A few months later i got a particulate filter at risk of clogging fault, Peugeot couldnt work it out for 3 years untill I got a immobiliser fault. It turns out that a pressure sensor on the fuel line was stuffed.
I had known that the tank for the eolys fulid had been hit when my mate had the accident and the black cap came off and the tank lost most of its fluid.
When I asked pug about it, they said I had the bladder type (I can clearly look myself and see that I dont) and quoted me over $1000 to swap it over and refill. When I asked about just getting the fluid they told me that they had to order in pre-filled tanks...... What a load of rubbish.

Anyway, after 190,000km my computer is finaly telling me that the fluid is low, so I am on the search for fluid. If i can get it at a reasonable price I will let everyone know. In the Uk they are getting it for about 60-90 pound for a 3litre refil kit as shown on the website http://www.glodark.com/peugeot-diesel.htm as posted on here previously.

Pug Australia and the majority of their dealerships are dishonest and will rip you off where ever possible. The key is to have done your research before you go to them so you know if the price is reasonable or not.

I still have the immobiliser fault and they charged me $900 for the part inc fitment which was ment to fix the immobiliser fault. It didnt but it did fix the particulate filter fault. It seems that they dont realy know their own vehicles and they will charge what ever they can get away with.

Also the uk pug forum has a peugeot planet 2000 diagnostic map, listing all the members in the uk which have a diagnostic tool. Does this forum have this? if not we should start one. then we can all help each other out and bypass the dealers which just want to make a killing at our expence.

question, is the tank low level alert based on a switch in the tank? If this is the case, perhaps we should top off the fluid sooner than later. Any thoughts of approximately when to do this (KMs) l now have 103k on the clock

it is calculated: each time you open your fuel cap for a certain period of time, the central computer will inject a very small amount of eolys in the fuel reservoir. So it can make a very good estimation on how many times it can do the injection with that certain amount of eolys. If you drive economically and you always fuel up when the tank is almost empty, you will do very long with your additive... much more than peugeot prescribes. I know of a 2.2 hdi 170hp in France that has done plus 300.000km's and is still on his first tank and filter.
Simply filling the tank with new fluid wont help since the calculator also needs to be put back to zero.

Does the opening / closing of the fuel cap & injection of eolys apply to all models?, what about the508?

Here is an opportunity for the Oz Peugeot car clubs to import eolys (via sea transport) and dispense it to members?? In WA ethyl ether used in model diesel engines is illegal (over the counter). Model aircraft clubs import it an on sell it to members!

for the newer models I don't know, I'm checking currently on the french peugeot forum. For the 207, 307, 308, 407, 607 it is still the case. But I have also heard (without confirmation) that for the latest 1.6 hdi's they have abandoned the usage of an additive.

Renault solves this issue by using diesel instead of another additive. Of course, the diesel fuel is already available so no extra tanks to refill/replace.

Dave

Eloy Fluid for C5 2003 HDI Sedan

Hi, can you tell me the name or contact details from this dealer in Lismore? How long did it take to do this job.
Regards, Johannes or sms me on 0145238914 tx

So my 3rd Peugeot dealer I took my 307 into knew straight away which fluid my car had. Dealer is in Lismore, NSW. A bunch of really honest, genuine blokes.

Cost $293 for 3L of original eloys fluid. $80 labour for them to do it, $35 for them to plug in their computer to reset the counter.

Moral of the story... SHOP AROUND!!! I just saved $1,200 by going to a different Peugeot dealer for the same job.

Yet, my Peugeot still gives me grief. Even after telling my car that it has a new FAP filter and is full of additive Peugeot still can't clear the fault code...meaning my tank of new fluid isn't even being used yet till the code is cleared. 2.5hrs later, which they didn't charge me for, and they still couldn't clear the code. Peugeot Lismore is contacting Peugeot Australia Tech team or something because they are stumped as to how to clear the fault code.

Just a quick word on my wheel bearings too. JAX quickfit tyres replaced my bearings with the ones I bought over from UK. ABS sensor error still displayed. Peugeot said that JAX may have put the bearings in back the front so the sensor reading was on wrong side. Called up JAX, guy said "I've been doing this for 20 years and mate, your bearings are in the right way. Must be your cars computer with the ABS error." So I pull both my front wheels off myself and the JAX guy had installed the ABS sensors wrong, he had them sitting on the circ-clip that is at the back of the bearing. Fixed it myself in about 20mins, just moved the circ-clip round so it wasn't interferring with the ABS sensor. All good.

Waiting to hear about clearing my Diesel Additive fault code with Peugeot...

Morning dvd782,
Interesting thread you started. I agree wholeheartedly with you re the Lismore Peug dealer ; good honest people to be sure and to be sure. Re the trucking industry I'm hearing that the lads aren't too happy with their version of particulate filters. Advice to me has been to drive your common rail diesel like it has been stolen every now and again to help keep the system clean. At Repco I've come across a Penrite product that is added to the fuel and supposedly 'Cleans and regenerates DPFs'. My 10 yr old manual 407 has 250k of 1st owner rural driving and still goes very nicely with economy of 5.2 lts 100k on its going to new home run from Sydney to Coffs, so am not sure the product will be of much benefit. Did add a container on the 2nd Sydney to Coffs trip but I think most of it wound up on the ground through the leaking tank, as spoken of in my AF thread seeking help.

I agree, interesting thread.

Lismore Peugeot is a bit too far for me to drive to get any work done. I go to Allan Mackay Motors in Moss Vale. In December 2016, not long after I had purchased my 2016 2 litre diesel 307, they “filled” the tank of my particulate filter additive. I saying filled with the inverted commas because I think that’s what they said. I didn’t write down that they replaced the bag, so as far as I remember, it was a fill up.

Total cost, parts and labour, $491.00.

And,as usual, lower than the quoted price. From memory, they had quoted me about $650, but they said that it was quicker than expected so they charged me less. (Only on one occasion have I been charged the quoted price, and never have they asked to go over it.)

The usage of the term “alternative to adblue”
is a bit of worry

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time