Peugeot 306 Problem.

zu000

Fellow Frogger
Hi there,
Please help me with my Peugeot 306 Style (1998 Model - 94,000km) as I don't know where else to turn.

I am having major problems with the car, and have done so over the last 8 months (same problem!). Peugeot Australia is not sure what the cause of the following problem may be & hence I don't know where else to turn. It has been to three Peugeot dealers but none of the can fix the problem.

In summary, the problem is:

- When driving the car, intermittently the car will accelerate by itelf. This is very profound particularly when driving the car in slow traffic below 2,000rpm. When backing off the throttle, the car jerks very badly compared to when running normally. When changing through the gears, the car does not slow down immediately, only after about 5 seconds does it start to slow down.

- Intermittently the car will start idling very high (1,000 - 3,000rpm) by itself. It will then rev by itelf between these this rev range constantly up and down until the clutch is engaged however the engine revs return to this cycle when on idle again. Hot and cold weather have no effect as the problem ocurrs in either condition as well starting the car from cold or warm.

- The car has had the MAP sensor replaced, throttle potentiometer replaced, spark plugs replaced and had the stepper motor cleaned four times.

- The car does not have cruise control and is a 5-speed manual.

Engine type is: 1.8 8 valve petrol (95 RON unleaded).
Engine Family: LFZ
Engine Codes: A4FD1

Please help as I don't know what to do.

Regards
AM