Peugeot 306 maximum rear tyre width?

BG5WRC

Fellow Frogger
I have searched only, and cannot find this.

Does anyone know the max width 205mm / 215mm (?) rear tyres that will fit a Peugeot 306 without scrubbing during motorsport? Without using spacers

I have fit a set of Yokohama A050's and they are really close to the inner arch when static/parked. Don't want any contact, whilst on the track..

Thanks.

205/50 AO50s and 48s will rub ever so slightly on the inside but you can get away with it. Baggy on a standard rim though

Thanks Bluey. Yes, 205/50. Based on "ever so slightly" I have some 2mm spacers that sound like they will be worth fitting. Cheers.

And I know what you mean by "baggy", the deal on this set of A050's was too hard to pass up

4cvg, the road tyres were 195mm

Thanks. I asked because I wondered if you would find it beneficial to have smaller rears on handling balance grounds & then tyre pressure fine tune the handling balance.
I was about to suggest thin spacers but that's already covered I see.

Interesting idea. In a previous fwd car I used to run much higher pressure rears. To introduce oversteer. I will be taking down to the track 2 spare wheels (in case of tyre failure), these have gravel rally tyres on. Those are much narrower, and could be a good laugh to put on the rear [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Whilst it's possible to fit a 205x50 to a 6" rim, you'll get a better result with a 195x55. The former is too baggy and moves about too much. You really need to move up to a 7" rim with a low offset for a 205 width. ie <10ET. Smaller rears doesn't work. Keep them the same size and same the compound. Just be mindful of the time it takes to heat up the rears.

Make sure you don't exceed 29 psi HOT with the A050's. This usually means cold pressures of approx 21 front and 25 rear. Only after some testing and fine tuning of hot pressures, will you know what's right for your car, at that track, for those amount of laps, at that track temp.

Yep. As soon as I saw the loose A050's laying on the floor next to the OEM rims I knew I had the wrong size. But $100 for a set of 4 Yoko's was amazing.

Don't encourage me to buy more wheels please!! Haha. I have 3 suitable saved in my favourites across two sites. Including some 15" compomotives. But I bought this car for gravel, this tarmac event should be a one off [emoji16]

I just put a set of 17 inch 215 x 40 on my pug the other week only bit that scrubbed was the plastic bit on inside . There a 17x7 rim .

Won't the passive rear steer on a 306 give you all the oversteer you need and more?

For anyone who finds this thread later the 205mm r-comps did fit (although I would not suggest a 6" rim) and with 2mm spacers only wore out a little of the black plastic tyre well guards.

And the car did really well for a stock vehicle, 57 second lap of Collie Motorplex. A lot of quick street cars in the 57/58/59 range.