Peugeot 306 Convertible Driver’s Window Cables

jonk

Tadpole
Hello everyone,
I have a 2002 306 convertible with broken driver’s window cables. Does any know hiw to install new control cables, and where zi can get them dhort of ebay, in Melbourne?

Regards
John K

I've not heard of broken cables for any windows on the cabriolet.

However, on my first 306, a 1999 model, there was a problem with the right hand rear window. I'm stretching my memory back 10 or 13 years now to try and remember exactly what the problem was. Something to do with the window staying up? Maybe misalignment? I do remember trawling the net for any similar problems and I eventually found someone in the U.K. who had experienced the same thing and had also heard of enough people with the same problem that he began to make and market a repair kit for the problem.

When I contacted him, he was very specific about the year model of my car and also whether it was the right or left window which had developed the fault. Once I provided those details and paid him via PayPal on eBay, he posted the kit in a post office mailer bag and I had it within a week. And it cost me less than $10. I never got to fix that window because the engine got cooked very soon after. 😢

Now, none of that solves your problem, but he might have develped kits for other window problems with 306 cabriolets!

Unfortunately, eBay doesn't let me see my purchases further back than 2017 and I know that the kit was purchased well before that. I'll try and find him or something useful a different way and report back.

This was quicker than I expected. As long as the cables you're talking about are for the window regulator, that is.

Here's a French supplier of 'original pieces'.
Window regulator repair kit - for the front. All year models

As for fitting, that's not something I'd want to do, but I'll see what I can find.

(I'd prefer to go to a panel beater and pay them to do the job. They would have it done in next to no time, I'm sure. And you could save yourself some money by removing all of the trim beforehand and telling them that you'll put it back, too. Or just not take it with you!)