Peugeot 306 cabriolet 2001 lower radiator hose pipe

Shanks

Tadpole
Tadpole
I managed to get the lower hose off the radiator pipe without removing anything. Perhaps this was an act of God? Wasnt easy.
Can it be reconnected without removing anything?
I spend a lot of time trying to get the 3 clips on the hose (metal flange) to snap into place, but couldnt.
Is there a trick to this?
Ive removed the thermostat housing and the top hose has the same 3 clip concept.
The lower seems extremely difficult to put back on.
Id ideally love not to have to pull the car to pieces.

Of course it has a wire clip that holds it on, I suggest you look at the fitting on the top hose to the thermostat, its the same connector, All normal. While there source new o rings for them, they age and leak, I know this.

After a lot of stuffing around, I put rubber grease on it and the radiator pipe; slipped straight on.
I should have done this in the first place.
Just couldnt work out what was stopping it.
All sorted now

I trust you fitted the lock wire clip to it?

Yea I did.
I just couldnt believe how hard it was to get the hose to fit.
If I greased it first up, the job is very simple.
Thats life isnt it :)

I just couldnt believe how hard it was to get the hose to fit.
If I greased it first up, the job is very simple.
I spray a bit of carby cleaner on the inside of the rubber hose and it'll slip straight on while wet

So interesting! Mine "fell out" on a distant trip (years ago). Was just sitting at a red light, then suddenly gush of steam.. Radiator lost most fluid.. Couldn't drive. Couldn't reconnect hose. Mechanic said it was a nightmare to re-attach.. I have a feeling there's some other hose clamp on it now. Good to know.