Peugeot 207 GTI 2007 model

AAA

Fellow Frogger
Hi would like to ask where is the knock sensor located on Peugeot 207 GTI model 2007
Its driving me mad I can’t find it.

Please help
Thank you
Regards
AAA

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Last edited:
If you have a knock fault you will need to check the intake valves for carbon and take a look at the timing.

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Number 7
IMG_1576704241.451742.jpg

Gone but not forgotten C5 x7 3008 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Nothing wrong I have brand new part for it n I thought it be good to replace it with the new one.

Will it be easier if I remove it from the top of the engine or the bottom. Which one will be easier to get to.

Thanx everyone I finally replaced it. It seem to help the car run a lot better n sound better.

The old one was really dirty n abit of rust around the ring hole. It was really a good thing I replaced this sensor.

What torque did you do it up to

It seem to help the car run a lot better n sound better.

It is interesting that something with no moving parts can "wear out".

I changed the crack angle sensor on my Mi16 and it ran noticeably better. Best way to describe it is there's a big hill near my place, I always used to have to change back to 4th, after the new (in fact second hand) CAS I could stay in 5th, despite the relative lack of torque.

I’ve had the same experience with O2 sensors in various engines. Replace them and get a significant increase in driveability.

I’ve had the same experience with O2 sensors in various engines. Replace them and get a significant increase in driveability.

O2 sensors are different, only last 60000km.

Replaced the O2 sensors on the French Tart. Petrol consumption improved by 15%

All sensors wear out. Heat is the main culprit, plus oil fumes, etc.

dmccurtayne is most likely correct.

Your GTi (being a first generation Prince engine), will have by now (I have no idea of your kilometres - always handy to state), carbon build-up on the intake valves.

If you clean these valves, you will notice a BIG difference.

I posted a thread on this topic and how to deal with it. Has been viewed over 10,000 times.
here tizz:
http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/122441-dreaded-carbon-build-up-intake-valves-print.html

Also this on the UK RCZ Forum:
https://www.peugeotrczforum.com/threads/dreaded-carbon-build-up-on-the-intake-valves.12673/

Cheers . . .

Last edited:
Hi I have a Peugeot 207 Gti 2007 model I would like to ask where is the fuel rail sensor located. My car keeps stalling and struggles to drive forward sometime. I got it scan and it come up fuel rail sensor.

Thank you.

The EP6 turbo? If so, it is in middle of the injector rail, hidden at the back.
fuel rail.jpg
Wiring is visible from below.

No, but the inlet manifold might have to come off partially. if you climb under you can see it. I have only had it out with the manifold removed. Once unbolted the injectors pull off attached to the rail.This new forum doesn't let me post images any more, or I'd add a rear view.

Changed browser to avoid javascript errors.

Here is the rear view:

Attachments

• hp sensor.png
    hp sensor.png
    174 KB · Views: 210