Peugeot 207 ECU and BSI Replacement

tomhb

Tadpole
Anyone recommend a good workshop in Sydney for the supply and installation of a new, virgin ECU or an ECU and BSI combo (and dashboard plus key I guess too) for an MY07 P207?

Car is giving a depollution fault, and running rough on start up and occasionally entering limp mode. Engine light lit at all times.

SimeDarby Peugeot Parramatta (now closed down) put a new catalytic converter in at great cost about 12 months ago as their suggested solution and it didn't fix it, it just cost a boatload of cash.

Specifically looking for a local mechanic who isn't going to go on a fishing trip with it, but can replace the ECU and BSI in one hit. The parts are all available from the UK for reasonable costs.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Tom.

Engine computers are pretty reliable. Misfiring, which switches a depollution light can send unburnt fuel into the catalytic converter, which isn't good for its health. It can also lead to limp mode to protect the cat.

So the question becomes why did it misfire. Is this a turbo EP series engine with direct into cylinder injection?

Hi.
Having this bad idle,backfire problem with my 207 GT turbo.
Has a new high pressure fuel pump..has had the valves cleaned twice and still poor idle etc....
The ECU sounds like similar symptoms..Is there a way to test if it is the ECU..
Do not want to spend money if that is not the problem

I wouldn't go down the swap ECU solution yet. Have all the airflow sensors been cleared or replaced?
Additional PP2000 scanning would point you in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

No fault codes no good description of fault yeah put a ecu in it🤷

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

No fault codes no good description of fault yeah put a ecu in it🤷

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring

Who said no fault codes.
Where do I say I am going to replace it.
Is your first option to every listing to be a smart a$$.
The reason the HPFP was replaced is because thats what the fault code said.
The reason I cleaned the valves is because that was a common problem that cost me nothing...
The reason I asked about ecu is because that seems to have same problems..my question was can this be tested before replacing..not as your answer said..but you got your 5 seconds of glory..

Well chief what fault codes you got the only ecu I have replaced in ep6s was for a comms fault early on , ecus don’t cause missfires in most psa car yeah I don’t like going back and forth trying to help people out without codes or sometimes even no description of what engine is in it no glory here mate.
To test the ecu you need
A what is at fault
B check signal power earth or pwm coming from ecu with an oscilloscope I have one but in Newcastle
In 22 years of working in this god awful trade I have done maybe 5 ecus for failures been asked to replace many more then had to re diagnose the real fault.
Note I’m not talking about GM stuff that fail all the time.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

I read of a common fault in the 207 of the electric water temp leaking into wire harness that controls ecu.
This causes ecu to to supply incorrect info to one injector causing rough idle..misfire and backfire.
Exactly what is happening to mine.
I am no mechanic but not a total dummy so just going through common faults I can do or check myself before relying on a pro.
It is really just a fun project that cost bugger all so no rush and no stress but would still like to get it on the road finally at some stage.
I am on the central coast and drove it home from parramatta so it cannot be to bad ..
Had similar problem in a mitsubishi magna and I had it at the dealer 8 weeks and they couldnt fix it.
A fellow I met online said get compatible ecu and bring it to him.
He hooked up computer.got a four digit pin out of ecu in my car.plugged in new 2nd hand one and deleted pin then made pin same as my old one and it then matched the ecu..bem and keys..immobiliser and door locks.
Cheaper than the 3500.00 mitsu quoted.
Never a worry in 9 yrs now.
Was hoping if it is ecu this is possible with pug.
Have list of faults but at my dads garage in glove box..

Where on the coast are you my parents live at forresters and I will be down there next weekend yeah have seen heaps of the temp sensors leaking but normally you get faults for over heating way before it does any damage they are pretty well sealed you would probably need to drive the thing for 6 months to kill the ecu , being a gt they are a bit rare cant remember if the cc 207s had the same ecu happy to plug it in and have a poke around if you want.

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE

There are some guys that can erase the immob code out of the ecu but that can be a bit pricey and seen as thou most people get these as a kit bsi engine ecu and keys probably an engine ecu would be almost the same as a kit. What’s your last eight of the vin

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE