Peugeot 207 cc GT Rocker cover

navqx

Tadpole
Hi everyone,

not new to the forum as I resolved the dreaded P0721 speed data fault on a 308cc.
I need some help. I had a problem with a Rocker cover on a Peugeot 207 cc 1.6 thp (EP6DT 5FX) and replaced it with one from
Germany Original PSA (does still look like a copy)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154603370361

View attachment 98715
I know that you need to remove the red plug at the back as it does not let the air box fit. I have seen a video for a mini where a small replacement is plugged in. I have 2 questions.

i) Can I remove the red plug and leave as it is or do I need this black stopper plug (video at 11:30 minutes). Where can this be sourced?

ii) another forum discussion advised of breather and intake pipe change when changing to a revised rocker cover. My breather pipe fits perfect as seen in pic above, but pipe from turbo does not fit. as seen in pic below(it could be made to fit and fastened with jubilee clip) see pic Is this a possible course of action ?
View attachment 98717.

Peugeot does not come with a plug to replace the red tab you pull out.
All cars direct from factory does not have any plugs their either.
There is no parts reference or tsb or anything on servicebox to indicate blocking the hole.
I have replaced hundreds without any problems.
Where are you located?
I have plenty turbo pipes - old style was secured with a clamp , new style is quick release clip like the one on rear.

We sell the updated pcv hose that is quick release clip on rocker cover end and sell hose seperate so U don't need to replace the turbo intake pipe from air box to turbo saving U a lot of money. Hose is around $20

The red or black plugs are only used on mini cooper versions of the engine for USA stricter emissions markets

Thank you Frenchiemech34 really appreciate your input car is up and running. This was a car brought back from the dead. It had several issues from fuel to ECU No power to coolant temperature sensor. Where a donor ecu was re-programmed. Attaching pics
Do you know if the gear change stick positioning is at a distance as on my car it is far and wide? Hence, a short shifter is required.

Attachments

• 207ccGTPic1.jpg
    207ccGTPic1.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 207ccGTPic2.jpg
    207ccGTPic2.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 126