Peugeot 206 GTI 180 set up help

CGunther

Tadpole
Hi Guys

hoping to get some help from the group, I have a 206GTi 180 which is used for things like cheap car Challenge racing.

I am looking for an expert Mechanic with these cars located in NSW, looking for the wizard of you will for a few things including installing an LSD.

I recently had some stainless brake lines installed when I was getting a wheel alignment and they for some reason removed the rear subframe and now the toe setting in the rear are way out of alignment.

As these settings are not adjustable I don’t know what they would have done to make it so bad, total toe is now -4.1 (-3.4 and -0.7)prior it was +1.1 (+.6 and +.5)

Any help would be appreciated

cheers

chris

I would do the diff if you get the gearbox out. With the rear suspension due to the passive rear wheel steering these have the rear weight has a massive effect on the angles so you need to set the car upto a reference height before taking measurements.

I would do the diff if you get the gearbox out. With the rear suspension due to the passive rear wheel steering these have the rear weight has a massive effect on the angles so you need to set the car upto a reference height before taking measurements.
Thanks
Good information, I will lay down a string line and do my own measurements on the and see if they match the wheel alignment print outs before going too much further.
I am looking into the Diff will let you know how I go and take you up on the offer.

The toe is slightly adjustable on these, you'll see that the bracket holding the arms that run from the beam to the hub has a slot to allow them to move side to side.

The diff is a fairly simple install, easiest with gearbox out, but technically possible without. (Is a diff allowed in CCC?). Realistically, taking the gearbox out is pretty easy once the driveshafts are out, which you need to do anyway.

There's been several threads discussing sydney independent mechanics for Peugeot, so I won't get into that for your general work, but in addition it could be worth discussing with Suspension Concepts/Cox Automotive about getting the car aligned how you want.

If you need to purchase an LSD, Frogstomp Racing import both Torsen (quaife ATB style) and clutch plate style diffs for these. May even have some in stock right now. I bought their lightweight cro-moly plate diff for mine.
Thank you

I did not realise they had an adjustment, I am going to run a string line and see if I get what the alignment print outs are, but will take these adjustment points into consideration.

Looking at the rules for CCC looks like they have changed and now included a LSD (factory/after market) no Welded diffs.

I think the LSD will make a big difference out of the corners with these cars.

thank you for the recommendation of Diff suppliers, how do you find the one you have installed. I am thinking the clutch plate variety.

I've had a quaife ATB, and 3J plate diff installed, my spare box now has the new one in it, so it hasn't been run yet, not expecting anything different.

Plate diff is the only choice for a predominantly track car. It transforms the corner exit.
I thought that may be the case, but good to hear others experience with this particular car. I’ll ring the supplier you mentioned and get a price.

The toe is slightly adjustable on these, you'll see that the bracket holding the arms that run from the beam to the hub has a slot to allow them to move side to side.

The diff is a fairly simple install, easiest with gearbox out, but technically possible without. (Is a diff allowed in CCC?). Realistically, taking the gearbox out is pretty easy once the driveshafts are out, which you need to do anyway.

There's been several threads discussing sydney independent mechanics for Peugeot, so I won't get into that for your general work, but in addition it could be worth discussing with Suspension Concepts/Cox Automotive about getting the car aligned how you want.

If you need to purchase an LSD, Frogstomp Racing import both Torsen (quaife ATB style) and clutch plate style diffs for these. May even have some in stock right now. I bought their lightweight cro-moly plate diff for mine.
I also have had good feedback about Suspension concepts so will give them a call.