Peugeot 205Gti 1987 - FIVEDOOR project

FIVEDOOR

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Not a full blown restoration, but the plan is to get my 1987 205Gti back on the road. I have had the car since about 2007, before that it was owned for many years by a family member. It's fairly low mileage car. Even the paint is still quite decent.

Seeing as I have finalised all of the wife's 'ideas' and arranged an overseas holiday for her to visit family with her brother, I should have a window of opportunity to get some work done.

I have also managed to clean out/arrange the garage so I have bit of working room.

Couple of photos of the car:-

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3866.jpg
    IMG_3866.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3870.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_3867.jpg
    IMG_3867.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 397
The engine corner, always good to be able to have a choice :D

attachment.php

Although I think I'll stick with this DKZ. Have the later ECU and wiring loom to go with it.

attachment.php
[

Attachments

• IMG_3874.jpg
    IMG_3874.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_3875.jpg
    IMG_3875.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 375
I have managed to give the car and the engine bay bit of a clean.

Today I was cleaning out the metal parts which included the battery tray and associated bits. I assume it has had a leak of battery acid at some stage.

Found a crack in this piece:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3864.jpg
    IMG_3864.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_3865.jpg
    IMG_3865.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Should be a blast to drive the little beast again one day Arto. I remember sitting in a brand new silver one (maybe not exactly your year) at the Motor Show in Adelaide and I thought the bright red lairy carpet was cool :tongue:

Thanks gents

Fish supplied bumper bars are in storage waiting to replace the originals damaged by some nincompoops tow bar in a car park, whilst in the care of the previous owner.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3882.jpg
    IMG_3882.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3880.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 333
Yes a Nissan L300 did that to mine when it was 1 week old, back in 1987, towbar into bumper. New ones now too!

I have been researching the colour code for my car (photo post #1). To me it is silver. There is no colour code on the car on the slam panel or the passanger side under the bonnet where I understand the code normally resides. I can see that the slam panel has been painted.

I assume that the colour is Platinum Silver

MOYC
9862 49

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/25803-paint-codes-205-a.html POST # 3

Would appreciate if someone would be able to confirm or otherwiser.

Thanks

I should think its Silver (Gris Futura) M0TP for that vintage. The darker Graphite Grey (Gris Graphite) is M0TW was also available.

Platinum Silver (Gris Argent) was only used on the last couple of GTi vintages and appears to have replaced Gris Futura.

Peugeot 205 Paint Colours

Quite often the colour code stencils on the slam panel have worn off, painted over or for some reason never applied.

I have been researching the colour code for my car (photo post #1). To me it is silver. There is no colour code on the car on the slam panel or the passanger side under the bonnet where I understand the code normally resides. I can see that the slam panel has been painted.

I assume that the colour is Platinum Silver

MOYC
9862 49

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/25803-paint-codes-205-a.html POST # 3

Would appreciate if someone would be able to confirm or otherwiser.

Thanks

Colour name (EN)Colour name (FR)Colour code
Alpine WhiteBlanc Meije1574 / P0WT
BlackNoir1600 / P3XY
Cherry Red/Le Mans RedRouge Vallelunga1607 / P3KB
Graphite GreyGris Graphite1584 / M0TW
SilverGris Futura1585 / M0TP

Apparently this was the phase 1 colours in the 205 so M0TP would be correct. I used M1TQ (Argent) for my engine bay and it looked pretty much the same.