Peugeot 205 SI, fuel pump no power?

Berridale

Fellow Frogger
Fuel pump died a long time back and just fitted a new pump unit but not getting power now .
It sat in the paddock for nearly six months to avoid the fires, now i want to put it in the shed.

Can someone tell me where the relay is and the fuse, please?
Suspect that's got something to do with it.

Check the tach relay down to the right of the steering wheel. Its yellow. Make sure your getting power there and the its switching. You should hear it click when you put the ign to pos 2.

Check the earth behind the rear passenger side tail light.
Check the relays in the engine bay. Take them out and spray some contact cleaner in there. (Passenger side under windscreen)
The earth for the fuel pump runs through the sender which can also cause issues.

Ive just been hunting this down on a gti that was not used a lot. The wiring in the pump carrier had also corroded and was not making proper contact. Also make sure your pipe are around the right way coming out of and into the top of the fuel tank. Si and Gti carriers have opposite pipe routing so it you have changed the carrier check this.

Cam

The fuel pump relay is brown. Also, only down near the ECU on very early models. It is in the box near the firewall behind the battery in most cars.

By hot wiring it you check the connection to the pump in the tank and rule that out. i understood the new pump part

been delayed with other issues, fences and stray sheep, also dealing with the system.

So one wire at the relay when energised should activate the fuel pump, if the pump earth is good?

Those ECUs will not energise the pump relay and ignition unless they are getting a good Crank Angle sensor signal.

Cheers, Ken

They do prime when you turn the key though before starting.

Wont continue unless it gets the message.

205 relay 1.jpgHi Guys,

had fiddle with the relays but no fuel but now there is a short (relay noise ?) from the battery area.

Which one of these relays is the pump one?area205 relay 2.jpg205 relay 2.jpg