Peugeot 205 Front bumper wanted

Richard W

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Does anyone have, or know where I can get, a good original bumper for a 205? I think they are all the same, but for what its worth my car is a s3 GTI.

My recollection is that I managed to buy the very last genuine new one in Aus back in 2014 and now they are now NLA.

Was hit today by a delivery rider on a motorbike - riding on a Colombian licence, no insurance, no money, no fixed address.

Might as well get on with trying to fix it....

I think I have one rich. Let me have a look. Can also get Si front bumpers new whoch are the same as Gti but beed a hole drilled which is easy.

Thanks Cam. I think an Si bumper would be fine but I hate to think of the cost to get one shipped out here from UK.

If it proves necessary, does anyone know where to source good repro bumpers here in Aus?

That’s bad news. Sorry to hear. Will need to get the 205 mafia on to him. I got a repro bumper from the Uk and was surprisingly cheap to have delivered.

Bump this to the top. Unfortunately no leads have come through yet on a front bumper to repair my car.

Is anyone able to help?

Thanks
Richard

Don’t have front bar ,but have got a brand new genuine rear bar still in plastic part number 741098,had it sat above my office for many years ,so if you are unlucky enough to bump into your Columbian friend again keep it in mind.

Thanks Mark. Perhaps I should have reversed over him.

Don’t have front bar ,but have got a brand new genuine rear bar still in plastic part number 741098,had it sat above my office for many years ,so if you are unlucky enough to bump into your Columbian friend again keep it in mind.

how much are selling the rear bar for?

Just in case, I thought the GTi and Si front bumpers were different ?
The GTi one is a little shorter on the sides to take the plastic arch moldings. by about 25mm. The Si bumper goes thru to the wheel arch without attaching to a plastic arch moulding so its side sections are a bit longer. at least that's what I found on the gelopy I bought. it had GTi bumper and mouldings stuck on an old Si in pretty rough shape. I took the GTi mouldings/trims off and the GTi bumper sides were a bit short to complete the wheel arch without the arch trim. So I cut the arch trim and reattached just that section to the bumper so the wheel arch doesn't look orrff.