Peugeot 205 CTi prices

A11djr

Tadpole
Hi All

just throwing it out there, does anyone have any idea as to what a 1991 (S3 if you like) Peugeot 205 CTi would be worth in very good condition. Fully understand “what someone is willing to pay” will be on many members mind when they read this. But S3 205 GTi’s are all over the place when they come up for sale with no real rhyme nor reason to valuation or sell price. Nothing seems to be moving, and this seems to be priced high and an Auto.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1991-Peugeot-205-SI-Auto/OAG-AD-17468836

any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you in advance

You'd have to assume that Carsales does not have an option for CTi in its pull-down menu. If I were doing this listing, I would have explicity stated so, lest someone (like me) think that I could not even arrange the heading correctly.

As for value, does not seem too unreasonable to me. Would have to come down a bit, although you are paying not only for the car itself but for its exclusivity, even if there is one in the ACT.

Comes down to market forces doesn't it - supply and demand. If you are considering it, would be fair to assume that someone else is too.

You'd have to assume that Carsales does not have an option for CTi in its pull-down menu. If I were doing this listing, I would have explicity stated so, lest someone (like me) think that I could not even arrange the heading correctly.

As for value, does not seem too unreasonable to me. Would have to come down a bit, although you are paying not only for the car itself but for its exclusivity, even if there is one in the ACT.

Comes down to market forces doesn't it - supply and demand. If you are considering it, would be fair to assume that someone else is too.

Yes totally agree, I would say the CTi would have a smaller following to that of its GTi cousin, possibly less desirable too. Being an Auto is another potential downside, manual BE3 gearbox the preferred option every time.