Peugeot 203c gear shift linkages

PCOATES505

Fellow Frogger
Trying to reassemble a 203 that has been apart for a long time, does anyone have a picture of the linkages between the steering column and the gearbox. I have an assortment of linkages, but I cant remember what fits where.

Here you go mate. Think this is what you are after? Mind you, could be in reverse as it is an original manual.

H
1684310546728.png

Thanks Dano
I have that in the parts book too Dano, but I dont think rhd vehicles use the extra link. I would like a pic of the actual linkages in a car

Guess who didnt take a photo of the box in place, Arrggghhh!
1684314702613.png

Thanks Dan, I am going to have to rethink, the 203 has a C3 gearbox, both levers on the RHS

Peter , my 2 cents, Dans post is correct for a LH drive car , and RH drive should be a reverse still with the rocker shaft attached to the bell housing. If you have both selectors coming out of the right side of box , you have a C3 box for a 403. I am in process of fitting a C3 box into a 203C , will have to have top cover rebushed and one lever coming out of left side , one from right. The last schematic is for an earlier box and rear engine mount LH drive too. You may be able to get away with the 403 box levers but it will require some non original linkages . You will see what I mean by looking at the linkages in your 403 sedan. John

The 403 uses a pivot on the clutch shaft to change the linkage direction from vertical to horizontal, might have to make something similar for the 203 or shift the linkage lever to the left side, the latter will mean removing the box from the car again

I also have a C3 gearbox in a 203C. Both levers are on the LH side which is what you need.It's been fitted for years and I can't remember where it came from.

NS

I used a 403 column and pedal box when I fitted a C3 to a 203.

My mistake - my C3 has a lever on each side - the same as for a C2. I think I was able to use the standard 203C linkages.

NS