Peugeot 203 Wheel PCD Drawing

Tappers

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi All,

I am chasing a drawing of the 203 wheel stud PCD pattern with measurements. I have tried the search function but no luck.
Thanks Tim...

afraid i can find no PCD or plan views, just
;
Untitled 2.png
Untitled 3.png
Untitled 4.jpg

Tappers, if you have a 203 it's details would be greatly appreciated here, for the record ;

afraid i can find no PCD or plan views, just
;View attachment 222208View attachment 222209View attachment 222210

Tappers, if you have a 203 it's details would be greatly appreciated here, for the record ;
Hi Steven,
I am the current custodian of the 1958 Read Holden Special Historic Open wheel race car. It has a Peugeot 203 front end and a 1954 Skoda rear setup.

1958-read-holden-specialr (2).jpg

1014015_203377979821878_1861900971_n.jpg

o wow ! someone here should know other wheel options or if you might even be able to swap hubs ...

Last edited:
I have a blue print book of the 203 so should have a page on wheels if interested I can take a photo and send it to you.

I think it's about time to put this one to bed. As indicated above, the stud pattern is an equilateral triangle with 160mm sides. To calculate the pitch circle diameter two methods may be used.

The first is geometry. To visually represent this method, first draw an equilateral triangle.
Bisect each apex to its opposite side.
Take one of the two right angle triangles at the bottom. Assign it a base measurement of 80mm. Its bottom angles will be 90 and 30 degrees respectively.
The hypotenuse of this triangle will be the pitch circle radius. To calculate the pitch circle diameter the formula is 80mm divided by cos 30 degrees, multiplied by two.
The result, to two decimal places, is 184.75mm.

The second is to calculate by coordinates. These are available in engineering texts, generally used for jig boring holes. In this case I've use Machinery's Handbook.
The ratio of distance between three holes and pitch circle diameter is 0.86603.
Using this value, 160mm divided by 0.86603 is 184.75mm, again to two decimal places.

If anyone is interested, Machinery's Handbook and Zeus Data Charts provide coordinates for circles with from three to 12 holes.

I should have mentioned that the usual coordinate charts, such as the one above, are based on a known PCD. As indicated, if the distance between holes is known but not the PCD the action required is to divide rather than multiply.

Even easier, (commerciale's 1st method is the basis).

It's a/sinA, or 160/sin 60 = 184.75, as has already been shown.

Would CAMS or whoever come at the use of 5-stud commerciale hubs for more wheel options ?

I was asked how to derive the sine formula above.

It follows from the sine law (remember school trig?), where for any triangle a/sinA = b/sinB = c/sinC. If a circle passes through all vertices, then it follows that this ratio equals the diameter. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_sines