Peugeot 203 wagon

Hi Dan, Now tell Bob that bit about different 'running gear' ! :mallet: (If you're game!)

I have to keep Poubelle away from him all the time! :wink2:

I think $4000 would be a total insult for that car.
I paid $5000 for my ordinary sedan in 2010, more fool me, but it was a going car with good brakes which continue to work well but I spent 6 months of intensive resto on the paint and engine and now the paint needs doing again because I used acrylic paint that totally failed.
My interior looks kind of original but isn't with badly made door cards and horribly upholstered seats in non original vinyl, reasonable hood lining and no carpets.
Rust had been dealt with in the main though a tiny bit remains.
Doing these engines is relatively cheap but once you get into interiors it's $5000 to start. A good respray is $5000 or more.
But this doesn't need a respray, just a few minor spots fixed. Photos don't describe the interior so that's unknown, but that's a point of view issue as someone suggested.
So if you wanted to keep it original and drive it I would think brakes and engine and a few touchups would do the job which would set you back round $5000 and then it would be a $12,000 car so I'd recommend $7000 but even that is unfair because if you look at all the wrecks they try to sell on Ebay then it's worth at least $10,000 and that's only because these cars are so under valued here in Boganville. And it has the rarity factor and is a very useful vehicle even as an antique. I mean once the Zombie Apocalypse comes it's yer main go to vehicle, forget all the computer driven pieces of crap. Collect firewood, sleep in it, move anything you want, definitely a winner.

Well "Luthier" Old Son, at least living where you do you won't have to go far for firewood............ (Like, out the back door!) Massive fuel saving in the 203, eh? :D Anyway, wouldn't there already be a few zombies about Nimbin way??? :crazy:

He's not anywhere near Nimbin way, dude.

More like country where a light plane might crash and not be found for 100 years, and then only accidentally.

And that's only one side of his driveway....:cool:

Nah Beano Dude,
I be a very near to Nimbinite these days. Yes I have moved from Barringtons and kangaroo heaven and now easily contemplate hippies having a puff just past the bottom of my garden.
It's a scary thing checking out the old hippies cause when I get a rare glimpse in the mirror it's just a bit of a shock and has prompted the chopping off of fungus at times but so far having picked up many hitchers in my 406 HDI aka 'The Nimbin Express' I have found them to be intelligent, articulate , deluded and funny but definitely not on the zombie side. For that you need to visit mining and military communities such as where I once lived and you'll pick up the monosyllabic moron type wiv the skin head hair style that might easily slip into zombie mode at any given moment.

Ok...well, if you still have a 505, be sure to look up a member of this forum named "Nimbin", who lives close to there.
Demannu used to live in Brisbane and we went down to see Nimbin about 5 years ago to get some parts. He has a paddock full of 505s !
But I haven't seen him on this forum since then...
His prices are ok....not cheap, not expensive. And surely he has not got rid of them. Look him up...

P.S.....watch out for snakes....he had to slash very long grass around them last time.

Ah yes Beano,
Thanks for the introduction however we are already well acquainted. In fact when we were looking at a place to buy Ron pulled up behind us [because we were driving the 505] and invited us to his place. We've been mates ever since, he is a wonderful dude. He's the Bush Fire Service Capitano of which I felt the need to join. I gave away my 505 to a local hippy cause it started using water and I couldn't contemplate doing a head job on it. Not sure wot has happened to the dead ones.

Would be worth over 20 k if it was an FJ Holden.

I think $4000 would be a total insult for that car.
I paid $5000 for my ordinary sedan in 2010, more fool me, but it was a going car with good brakes which continue to work well but I spent 6 months of intensive resto on the paint and engine and now the paint needs doing again because I used acrylic paint that totally failed.
My interior looks kind of original but isn't with badly made door cards and horribly upholstered seats in non original vinyl, reasonable hood lining and no carpets.
Rust had been dealt with in the main though a tiny bit remains.
Doing these engines is relatively cheap but once you get into interiors it's $5000 to start. A good respray is $5000 or more.
But this doesn't need a respray, just a few minor spots fixed. Photos don't describe the interior so that's unknown, but that's a point of view issue as someone suggested.
So if you wanted to keep it original and drive it I would think brakes and engine and a few touchups would do the job which would set you back round $5000 and then it would be a $12,000 car so I'd recommend $7000 but even that is unfair because if you look at all the wrecks they try to sell on Ebay then it's worth at least $10,000 and that's only because these cars are so under valued here in Boganville. And it has the rarity factor and is a very useful vehicle even as an antique. I mean once the Zombie Apocalypse comes it's yer main go to vehicle, forget all the computer driven pieces of crap. Collect firewood, sleep in it, move anything you want, definitely a winner.

don't get back on topic - an FJ Holden station wagon - how humpy would that be?

Last edited:
Yep, agree Dan..........and that's only the officers!!

Beano: "Hah!!!" having dispatched some goodies to Dan I then used Google earth to spy into his backyard....... Very U.S. military I

thought!

Dan: be careful......we're everywhere!! :spy:

do you have photos of interior, I have a brochure on this station wagon which shows a 3rd row of seats in the back, interesting to see if this one has it, there was one getting around at he Hall markets Canberra, unrestored and still registered a few years back may still be there. What year model would it be? need engine/chassis no to find that out though. I take the car is in Melbourne somewhere?

do you have photos of interior, I have a brochure on this station wagon which shows a 3rd row of seats in the back, interesting to see if this one has it, there was one getting around at he Hall markets Canberra, unrestored and still registered a few years back may still be there. What year model would it be? need engine/chassis no to find that out though. I take the car is in Melbourne somewhere?

This wagon has two rows of seats. And the standard metal tray arrangement in rear.

It's located in the Dandenong ranges.

For everyone’s interest in this car, I have just bought the car sight unseen. Not that it’s anyone business and from the previous threads everyone has an opinion I paid $5000. Very happy good brother for the Ute.

For everyone’s interest in this car, I have just bought the car sight unseen. Not that it’s anyone business and from the previous threads everyone has an opinion I paid $5000. Very happy good brother for the Ute.

What are you going to do next?

This thread got awesome when the pics got posted. Super keen to find out or see what you do...

A fair price for a 203 that will be a great project. Congratulations.