Peugeot 203 rebuild - Blue 1950

20FIVE

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Preparing for my old girl to return from a paint job (fingers crossed 2024!!). In the meantime Im doing some preparation work so no doubt I will ask a lot of questions as dad sadly nolonger has the memory recall.

First task - Rebuild wiper mechanism with upgrade.

I have multiple wiper supports all the same from 203's as per lower unit in the picture. But the original I removed is different to the parts book and all the othersI have. Is this different shape only due to the car being an early model? Parts manual has 4 SUPPORT Numbers.

I also have a number of shafts, all the same bar the lengths which seem to also vary...again is this due to the different SUPPORTs?

What's interesting off my 203 the shafts are different (longer) to the other support mechanisms I have - they are all the same. What I can see is dad originally used 403 shafts (longer) on my 203.

Attachments

• 20240214_183815.jpg
    20240214_183815.jpg
    878.7 KB · Views: 33
looking forward to a long & exhaustively illustrated thread - for what it's worth - this dated 1952:
vipers.jpg

Thanks Steven for sharing that picture. Great to see and surprised this history is available. Looks like they are building the same one that's off my 203, the earlier ones....will keep digging around to understand when the alternative maybe later design came in.

Exhaustively illustrated....I try to rake pics of everything I work on. Challenge is finding time to work on the 203 as lots going on at present including project items on the 404 and 205.....and also my son wanting to do up the 504 LTI.