Peugeot 2009 DPF refill pouch

Derek1953

Tadpole
Tadpole
I've just opened the tank bit and found a pouch inside. I'm happy to drive to Brisbane to buy the DPF refill, but will I also need the kit and can I fill the pouch myself? Some say yes some say no. I'm aware I will need to do a reset once the pouch is filled, I have a Peugeot 308 1.6 HDI 2009.

Following the warning that the DPF was low, I have removed the tank and found an empty pouch inside. I hope to drive up to Brisbane on Monday to buy the refill fluid but do I also need the kit and can I fill the pouch myself? Some say yes some say no. I know my way around a car but this is my first time with this issue. Thanks in advance.

You can refill the pouch but it’s a plastic bag that is at least 14 years old just buy a bag and fit it you will need to reset the counter as well after doing it

Following the warning that the DPF was low, I have removed the tank and found an empty pouch inside. I hope to drive up to Brisbane on Monday to buy the refill fluid but do I also need the kit and can I fill the pouch myself? Some say yes some say no. I know my way around a car but this is my first time with this issue. Thanks in advance.
Apologies for double posting. I know my way around a car but not a laptop.

I've merged the two separate threads together.
It is possible to refill the bag, but it was designed to be a replacement job.

Well I have taken the chance after thoroughly examining the bag for leaks, deterioration of the plastic etc, bought a refill kit and filled it. If I've stuffed up by not buying a new pouch well nothing I can do about it now as I could not afford the cost of a new one. But now I cannot find anyone to do the reset except for one guy who, after lamblasting me for filling the pouch myself, claims he has the only computer on the Gold Coast capable of doing the reset. ? Cost is about $130. Thoughts?

If the bag's full the only hassle is the message.

There are many Diagbox setups among Qld AFers.

Sounds good but I thought the reset was required to get the electronic bit to function in order to inject the DPF into the fuel? What does AFers mean? I'm just a humble scot.