Peugeot 2008 engine gravel protection.

Dinkum

Tadpole
I have recently purchased a 2019 ex hire car 2008 Active. It does not have the lower engine guard fitted and I have found some remnant gravel high up in the engine bay. After a little research I have found that Peugeot have left this guard off many export models.

Gravel etc could damage the serpentine belt etc. For a manufacturer with a long history of bullet proof cars used in the Australian outback I think this is negligent.

Have they been left off for a reason such as the need for more exhaust cooling ?
Would fitting a guard cause any cooling problems ?

Any way I made and fitted a guard out of 3mm Aluminum composite panel.
It was not too difficult to make or fit without drilling extra holes in the car.

Does anyone have any issues with fitting a guard ?

Image attached. IMG_7920.JPG

Have they been left off for a reason such as the need for more exhaust cooling ?
Would fitting a guard cause any cooling problems ?

I'd have thought that engine bay cooling would be improved at highway speeds.

Jo

For some Bizarre reason some one with little or NO WISDOM,maybe like the one who said don't service trans,OR PUT A BMW DESIGNED BICYCLE TYPE TIMING SYSTEM ON PUGS???>>>SAID......CARS IN AUSTRALIA DO NOT NEED SUMP GUARDS...ALSO DID NOT SEE THE NEED ON 407 HDI PARTICULATE FILTERS TO FIT A DECENT GUARD.

HENCE GIVING PEUGEOT A WORSE THAN CRAP NAME...IN FOUR EASY MOVES.

THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF LOVELY LITTLE PUGS OUT THERE WHICH A TINY STONE HAS MURDERED THEIR ENGINES .
AND NO ONE WOKE UP AND SAID...""HEY...WE HAVE A SUMP GUARD AT COST...WE WILL FIT FREE......IMPERATIVE YOU MAKE AVAILABLE .A.S.A.P...APOLOGIES ,FOR THIS OVERSIGHT,BUT WE WANT TO PROTECT YOUR VEHICLE..FOR IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY''!!

I have recently purchased a 2019 ex hire car 2008 Active. It does not have the lower engine guard fitted and I have found some remnant gravel high up in the engine bay. After a little research I have found that Peugeot have left this guard off many export models.
In recent years, the plastic guard on the bottom is generally only fitted to diesel engined Pugs, for noise suppression, with the petrol engined ones having it missing.

I apologise for not shouting.

When people say I am shouting I tell them...I can not hear a thing BUT I DO REPLY...NEXT TIME YOU ARE DRIVING DOWN THE FREEWAY...AND SEE A WARNING SIGN AHEAD..OR ABOVE.....PLEASE OH PLEASE GET OUT...AND TELL THE SIGN...PLEASE STOP YELLING,,,AND PLEASE CONTINUE AHEAD ..WITHOUT HEEDING THE WARNING...ESPECIALLY IF IT SAYS...NO ROAD.In the early 60;s SOME people started twisting our senses,boundaries....AND...even the way we write,plus about 39 other things.NO WONDER OUR COUNTRY IS GOING DOWN THE TOILET..BUT AREN'T THEY THE ONES THAT GET BITTER AND TWISTED AND ALL USPET YEP..USPET.I apologize for explaining.