Peugeor AISIN - AM6 gearbox valve body

alexlenka

Tadpole
Hi,

I have a Peugeot 407 SV 2.7 Hdi 2007.
As many people who own this model, I have had a transmission issue on Aisin AM6. The diagnosis was the transmission valve body because it had a bang from the 2nd to 3rd change up.
I ordered the AF40 - TF80SC valve body from one-stop-gearbox-shop.
The valve body fits perfect, but after installing I have a problem with speed sensor.
The speed sensor was taken from old and installed to the new valve body.
The car runs in "limp mode" and the scanning tool shows P0722 fault for speed sensor (please see the photo).

I am looking to find a Wiring harness diagram for AF40 - TF80SC valve body, which might help me to solve this issue.

The speedometer shows the correct speed.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards
Alex

Attachments

• IMG_20180906_172939.jpg
    IMG_20180906_172939.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 311
Hi Alex,

I want down the same path with my wife's 307hdi - Purchased AM6 the valve body from one stop gearbox shop in the UK. The speed at which it arrived was staggering.

I understand the part to be a Chinese manufactured Volvo valve body.
To install I swapped out the speed sensor - the harness is pretty congested.

Mine worked fine. Initially the change down from 2nd to first under breaking was noticible but this seems to have rectified itself with some use.

Other than giving you confidence in the part you bought I not much help with you issue though.

Some head scratching required!

Alex

Hi Arekisir,

Thanks for the response.
May I ask you a few questions?
Do you know where is the position (a place) of speed sensor in the gearbox?
After installing a new valve body did you have processed initial learning for a new part or you just drove the car?

Regards
Alex

If this helps, the Aisin 6 speed used by Fiat /Alfa (AF40) has a speed sensor on the converter turbine and on the output gear to the differential. They are internally cabled in the bundle from the plug.

I went through all the odds and ends I have and found this, which appears to be a TF80 wiring diagram. G182 and G195 are the sensors
Screenshot-2.jpg

Seasink, it was very useful to see the diagram you send to me. The mechanic and myself found speed sensor wire snapped. He fixed it and put all together.
The valve body fixed rough gear change. The gearbox changes gears smooth.
Even it changes gears nice and smooth, I haven't had previously the problem of the engine stalling with the old valve body when it’s hot. Now it persists.
When I put in D or R when the engine and gearbox are cold it runs as it supposed to. But when it is on normal temperature (90*), the engine starts to shake and when stopping the car it stalls. Seems it is still in gear but the clutch hasn't applied and it stalls the engine. The same is when I put in "R".

Can anybody figure out what can cause that?
The new valve body installed, has been factory set.

Hello Alexlenka,

I'm just wondering what was the solution to your peugeot 407s gearbox problems in the end? Did you manage to get it sorted?