Peter Brock 1994 Peugeot 405 MI16 Series 2 Car Manual Sedan Tribute up for auction

This is an interior shot of Brock's 405Mi16. I took this pic (and a couple of others) at Shepparton in 2015/16.

Brock 406Mi16.JPG

Last edited:
Seems that you would be paying for the signage. The interior, etc appears to be standard, not like the genuine one in my pics.

Wow. $13K for a white MI16 with some stickers?

Cheers

Justin

It's one thing to ask, another for someone to pay the asking price. Interesting to see the sellers next move.

I suppose it depends on what one classifies as a tribute car. As far as I can see, the interior and engine are standard and unmodified, not like the genuine Brock 405 Mi16. The tribute appears to be limited to the decals and signage on the body and there just may be someone out there who wants, what appears to be, a nice 405 Mi16 with the accompanying signage. It does look good and would be a more practical proposition to drive around town on a regular basis.

It was without the stickers till recently. It has been on and off for sale for quite a while, always asking a crazy high price.

Must have been trying to cash in on the Brock name to get what they wanted for it.

Tribute cars seem to fall into a couple of categories.
Those who really undertake the upgrades made to copy the car like mechanical upgrades, wheels, cage and maybe a signature or two from the drivers/team.
Then there’s cars like this where you have to wonder just how much the owner actually knew about the race car and it’s history.
Only a fool would buy this thinking he had anything vaguely resembling a piece of Peugeot’s involvement in Australian motorsport.

I think you're reading the ad wrongly. The ad is for a car made as a tribute to PB, not PB's car. Clever wording, I wonder who came up with it.
I have not idea who came up with it, but it is quite common terminology in the vintage car auctions, particularly relating to desirable Aussie muscle cars.