performance enhancements of a peugeot 504 saloon

cool story indeed. do not hold back on the history because i am not from there. you will be surprised how interested i am about different countries of the world. I assure you your country is one of the most unique. i was exposed to different cultures, trades and technologies from your country at a very early age

this information is very profound. thank you for pointing out the technical difficulties that would be met with a straight six. i particulary liked your reminder on weight distribution. on whether i understand the value of the car i have, i assure you, i know. that is why i am still keeping it. i have had different cars over the years that i trade in for something else. but this one i just can't let go. on my post i also asked about upgrading the 1.8 litre L4 with a fuel injection system. i have seen conversion kits for other classics, is there any for the 504 or do I have to get the bits from another car. you also said that the 504 sold in Australia had disc brakes at the rear. with that in mind won't my upgrade be easier with those parts. where can i get them and how would you suggest i fit them.

guys keep the information coming. i need to have as much information as possible. are there any manufacturers who make after market parts for these cars. particularly engine parts, accessories and electronics.

i am grad i joined this forum. you guys have been most helpful

I suppose it depends on what you want, how much money you have and how much trouble you're prepared to go to achieve.

I am definately no engineer, but as others have advised, fitting a straight 6 in is a very bad idea. Unless it's a very small straight 6 I can't see how it would fit in the engine bay anyway.

In Australia we only got independant rear ends - other than station wagons so the only people who would probably have done the conversionto rear discs are those overseas.

Also, as others have questioned, the changes you mention are fairly widespread and we wonder why you don't aim for something more modern that will be cheaper, quicker to obtain and less of a stressful exercise in the process? Also, and I may get canned for this but although 504s were fantastic in their day, there are much later manufactured cars around that drive and perform well.

Personally, I love 504s although I would't willingly own a 504 with an Auto gearbox again. They are very sluggish.

I am definately no engineer, but as others have advised, fitting a straight 6 in is a very bad idea. Unless it's a very small straight 6 I can't see how it would fit in the engine bay anyway.

There are threads on this forum discussing a 203 fitted with a Daimler V8 and a 403 Wagon with a Studebaker V8.

Maybe that is an option? :)

Ian.

i understand about the straight six. thank you for the advise. guys you have no idea how helpful you have been. your personal are very assuring and this kind is not readily available. believe i tried searching. if there is more information, please keep it coming. be as technical as possible. i have already been impressed by the cannibalizing of the 505 to aid in my project objectives. that idea is my ace. that said i need complementary information. or any other ideas that might have been tried. on getting a modern car. i do actually. i have two. a corolla hatchback and an Isuzu Kb pick up truck. the Peugeot is a project car. it is something i have to do. believe me, all logic tells me not to do these things, but i can't help. the heart says otherwise. what ever the cost and what ever the situation, that 504 is going to be customized.

Don't know why-when married my boys continually told me about the times when there mum used to drag off the other 'stuff' up the hill on the way home out through Keilor.
An extremely deceptive motor car.Ended up doing over 1.2 million K's.

Oh,by the way-somewhere in Aussiefrogs archives is the TRUE story about a mate of mine-in a 504 AUTO-x baja rally man-Repco round Australia entrant,out the back of Keilor -doing a dirt stretch in 52 seconds ,first time out,dirt,no tyre pressure check.
Best time ever between Ian & his Brother Dave -after doing the track every second weekend FOR TWO YEARS-was 59 seconds.

What were they driving......each of their own brand new G.T. Falcons.

Some people say that cars are all the same......HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !

the Peugeot is a project car. it is something i have to do. believe me, all logic tells me not to do these things, but i can't help. the heart says otherwise. what ever the cost and what ever the situation, that 504 is going to be customized.

He's got the Peugeot disease, fellas. And he's intending surgery. This looks serious.

hahahahaha. oh this guy!!!!! yes i hav it. i believe you called it peugeo mania. kkkkk. where do you come up with this stuff. hey peujohn fitted a prv v6 from a 505. do you think that the psa es v6 made from 1997 to 2010 can also be fitted as easily as the prv in the 505?

That is as much as I know - what is in the thread.

I suggest you contact the Maxhag, the creator of the thread. (Private mail may work)

The car is possibly complete by now.

However MaxHag seems to have stop keeping his AF thread up to date.

hi john. i am reading your blog and i can surely say it is quite helpful. you are a patient man, and quite insightful. i am curious though. you used the prv v6 from the 505, do you think the psa es engine manufactured from 1997 to 2010 can be fitted as easily? on top of that did you do any further upgrades to the engine or you kept it stock?

That is as much as I know - what is in the thread.

I suggest you contact the Maxhag, the creator of the thread. (Private mail may work)

The car is possibly complete by now.

However MaxHag seems to have stop keeping his AF thread up to date.

Maxhag last logged onto AF August 2015.

Googling Moonlight Garage Canberra (from post no 1) found this

Moonlight garage2.jpg

Looks like they have moved from Canberra to Adelaide and have a Facebook page. I didn't see any Peugeot related entries on the above FB pages

Edit

Looks like the story here too ended about the same time:- http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/f...Moonlight-Garage-The-Peugeota-1JZ-Peugeot-504

Last edited:
Step 1, learn how to weld
Step 2, make crazy sh1t.