Passing of Mrs Cath Kebblewhite ( life member of the CCCQ )

fritzelhund

Fellow Frogger
Cath Kebblewhite known to all in the Citroen Car Club of Queensland as elegant enthusiast, traveller and bird watcher and life member has left us today.
Mostly remembered by all for her white driving gloves, used in her sequence of DS, BXs, white XM and C4s, ....
( and a James Bond inspired specially painted 2CV ), Cath was a member of the executive committee of the CCCQ through the 70s and 80s. In her professional life as a structural engineer she had been called upon by the Queensland University of Technology to lecture young women about their potential in the male dominated field.
She was a pioneer among tertiary educated women during her life, ( and an executive officer of the YWCA ) and a gracious lady to the end.

My sincerest condolences to Cath's family.
I will always remember Cath for the exceptionally warm welcome she gave to me as a new member of the CCCQ, for her always intelligent conversations, and her gracious manner.
For years before I joined the club I was one of the many motorists who noticed the road manners of the white-gloved lady who glided past in her immaculate DS Pallas. I sometimes thought the officers on points-duty at the Albion fiveways seemed to wait to ensure she got through the interesction; she always appeared to acknowledge them with a wave of the white glove. Later as a club member, I remember many days where we would pass in the traffic and Cath's white gloved hand would pop out of the 2CV or later the BX and wave a friendly greeting.
Cath will be missed.

I remember meeting her and chatting at Cit Ins in the early 2000s. Always gracious. She positively glowed when others praised her lovely white XM.

A great Citroen ambassador.

I remember her very well from the days in the late eighties and part of the nineties when we attended a number queensland club events. She was truly a lovely person and around that time she drove a white BX.

What a lady she was. May she rest in peace.

Via the aussiefrogs App

(oh you can remove