parts for SI

apitiser

Fellow Frogger
Hi, I'm ordering some parts from pug1off so I can service my car.

My car is currently on a boat to Canada (lands on may 25th) so some parts need ordered to freshen it up before it has to get inspected for driving here.

Im looking at getting some new coolant and oil hoses to update the car a bit. Do all of the hoses for the gti fit the si or do I need some different ones because the intakes are different?
this is the kit I'm looking at getting.

Is there any difference between getting new baker bm rubber or silicone hoses?

https://www.peugeot-tuning-parts.co...se-kit-bakerbm-bbm-without-heat-exchange.html

https://www.peugeot-tuning-parts.co...-oil-breather-hose-kit-bakerbm-bbm-samco.html

does the car need the later version tensioner when the cam is replaced?

What size oil filter does the car need? I'm wondering if I can find the right one from a local shop

Are there any difference between RHD and LHD head lights or are they the same? The inspection guy said the headlights need to either have a dot or e(euro) spec rating on the glass housing to be accepted so could someone check their 205 for the marking (the erating will be an e followed by a number).

What other stuff should I replace while doing a service other than fluids and spark plugs? The car has been sitting since about april 2019

Thanks

Last edited:
Tensioner can be either early or late, changeover occurred during Si production. Different belt too, longer for late tensioner. Amazing the number of changes made during production, 350 cars only, I used to think one day's production. XU5Mz engine was used in 405 quite uncommon in 205, the Si was an XS with the XU engine, as it complied with emissions standards which the TU did not.

Tensioner can be either early or late, changeover occurred during Si production. Different belt too, longer for late tensioner. Amazing the number of changes made during production, 350 cars only, I used to think one day's production. XU5Mz engine was used in 405 quite uncommon in 205, the Si was an XS with the XU engine, as it complied with emissions standards which the TU did not.

so with a vin would we get an answer or does it need to be visually checked?

Graham, do you know if it's ok to use a fuel filter from another car in the si and if there is an easy direct fit? I'm trying to find something to use here.

- - - Updated - - -

I have found out the headlights have an e code on them so they will pass inspection here

Maybe EAI would have a listing for the VIN, don't know. You could buy a slab of oil filters from EAI? Yes, any fuel filter will be OK. EAI have air filters in stock, don't know for how long, only the 205 Si uses these in Australia. I bought 4 last time I was there.