paris -dakar 2005

bazgti

Fellow Frogger
ok for all the paris-dakar freaks out there like me SBS will again be playing the days highlights at 6 pm starting jan 1st.unlike last year they are not replaying it the next day at 4 in the arvo.
so catch it while you can or at least know how to use the time recording feature on your vcr.
pity peugeot aint in it this year again-BAZZ

For the first time in nearly 7 years I now live in an area with excellent SBS reception, so I will be able to watch it again. Yippee!!!!! :adrink:

Thanks for the reminder!!! Like Pugnut - I'll be able to get decent reception this year - thanks to Foxtel Digital!

i m really lucky where i live as i get every station perfecftly,although a good ariel set-up certainly doe s help.
im going to record it this year,probably on vhs .
or maybe recordable dvd if i get one in time or if i can srcounge one from mates-BAZZ

a dude from my home town (Keith, South Australia) rides a KTM. Last year he pulled out when it was too painful to keep riding with a broken leg. So be sure to follow our local talent... the name is Andy Caldecott.

XsaraVTS said:
a dude from my home town (Keith, South Australia) rides a KTM. Last year he pulled out when it was too painful to keep riding with a broken leg. So be sure to follow our local talent... the name is Andy Caldecott.

really ,andy coldecott?,never heard of him,oh no im only joking,he was going great guns last year till his little praang and injury.he kept goin for a while though.congradulate him for me for even trying .hope he does well this year.ill be rootind for him.-BAZZ

aint it the barcelona to dakar rally now??

purrr-geot said:
aint it the barcelona to dakar rally now??

yes apparently this year they have started it in barcelona so for all intents and purposes will be called barcelona-dakar.some of the reporters are still refering it as paris-dakar,confusing.
did anyone see the citereon 2cv with 2 engines[one for rear,one for front]amazing.i hope it finishes.-BAZZ

Do I read that right. Andy Caldecott won a stage and is in 4th.

did anyone in SA tape Tuesdays show with the truck crash etc. I missed the entire thing.

There's no footage of the crash itself. Just of the truck being towed upright again. That footage would have been repeated again in tonight's show (about 5 mins ago SA time, actually).

XsaraVTS said:
Do I read that right. Andy Caldecott won a stage and is in 4th.

did anyone in SA tape Tuesdays show with the truck crash etc. I missed the entire thing.
Hey Quentin - I reckon I've got the whole lot on tape so far. I'll check tomorrow and let you know. However there was no coverage of the crash itself - just the aftermarth and the truck being pulled back onto it's wheels.

Caldecott is 2nd outright after the 5th stage - according to the tv coverage anyway - Great work having a stage win there! Hopefully it means he can get some more factory support!

yes andy calldecot won his first dakar stage yesterday.whhooo hooo!!!!must be hard on the privateers to have to do maintenance and soforth after the days ride where the factory guys just hand the vehicle to the mechanics and go rest.
also colin mcrea[ock aye!]is leading the race in the car section by over 5 minutes.but the race has not really started properly yet,they have done mostly alot of freeway travel betwwen stages.
the next couple of days when they gat into mauritania should sort out the men from the boys-BAZZ

Caldecott had a fall today - but nothing serious. He finished 6th today and is still 4th overall which is great!

Colin McCrash lived up to his name today and is out of the event. Tonights coverage had lots of action from the past couple of days. This is one tough event!