P306XSi seats-lumbar support problems

renweave

Fellow Frogger
The seats on my 306 are giving me back ache- very weird for a Peugeot! I am finding the lumbar support is too much and is causing me lower back pain. I had a look in my handbook just now and it seems that my 98 XSi does not have adjustment for this. Is this only available in the GTi6? I have tilted the backrest back a little, did have it totally upright as I have have shoulder problems and need support there.

It took me a while to sort out a good seating position on my wife's XSi too, renweave. (My lower back grumbles too). For me, I found increasing the seat height made a big difference, combined with moving it back further than I would have thought was ideal, having the back fairly upright, and adjusting the steering column angle. Once I found the right combination it works very well. Without the seat a fair way back I discoivered that I had an unusual foot angle that was translating into lower back tension.

Good luck

Rod

I could never find a comfortable position in my old 306 Xsi, even adjusting the lumbar support. I found it too high up..??

But the seats in my 205 are PREFECT!!! :)

funny that, found the seating better in the 306 than the 205. and well, ive always found the gearstick to be too close on 05... must be coz ive got longer arms shorter legs... err and real big feet - if you know what i mean whistle

Funny it doesnt have lumbar support adjustment my mums XT has it, mmmm weird, I guess if you cant get comfy by playing with seat positions you could go to a motor trimmer and have the padding reduced or is that taking it too far!

Its the "sports seats" that are fitted to the XSi, I suspect pugsy. Different to the ones in the XT.

Cheers

Rod

I've raised the seat height and found this has helped a bit- more of an angle in my legs to relieve stress on lower back. Will keep fiddling until I get it comfortable....can't have a car that I'd bought for long distance driving giving me backache after 30 min at the wheel. frown

Have you tried one of those small lower back cushions that they sell for cars? I have a cylindrical cushion thingie that I use occasionally for long trips.

I do think the XT seats are better than the Sports seats for long distance driving though.

i'm a tad under 6' with a deteriorating back and as such can't sit for too long in one spot without getting sore but i have found that the GTi-6 seats aren't too bad
i have the seat height about 1/2 way with the back just a little back from vertical and the lumbar right off
the seat is back just enough so that my wrists can sit on top of the wheel without my shoulders moving away from the back of the seat and i find this a pretty good seating postition
if i am on a good windy bit of road i generally click the seat forward one notch
mind you i have pretty long arms and legs though so this may not suit you but my advice is keep adjusting and playing till you get it where you want it and then don't let anyone touch it :D

The problem with the XSi "sport seats" is that they have too much padding in the lumbar region, so I'm having to find an arrangement to minimise this or get it in the correct position for my back. Weird that they took out the adjustment for this in the XSi.