P20603 Turbo cooling Pump on a 308

Gordon1712

Tadpole
in January 2019, I looked at a Peugeot 308 with 55,000km on it that was for sale in Sydney.
No major faults on any dashboard display.
Tested the car with a scanner before purchase, and the only code was 2603.
(hey,... every car for sale has something wrong with it:)

I bought the car, checked the pump by doing an active test with my OBD2 scanner,and it wasn't working.
The signal appeared at the electrical connector, so the car was doing the right thing.
There is 3 connections, +12v, -ve and "Sense", (for feedback to the control module I suppose.)
Dismantled the pump to check that the impeller wasn't jammed with gunk.
Applied 12v directly from a bench power supply and the motor energises, but doesnt rotate.

Purchased a replacement pump from FleaBay for $220, and installed.....
All good, no codes, can hear the pump working fine.

Don't know how long the car was without circulating coolant to the turbo, but it appears that there is no damage.

The turbo still gets coolant just not after shut down that car probably has a update due for a vin number

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Take your VIN to a dealership. They can look up the Peugeot computer files to see if a factory update has been performed, or not.

Sorry miss wrote the end of that

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
Fix it right the first time

Last edited:
If I may ask, what do you mean by update due for a vin number/?

He means call a dealer or contact Peugeot, quote the VIN and ask if there is any service campaign outstanding. There may be one involving an engine software update and that coolant pump.