P0087: Fuel Rail/System Pressure- Too Low

I Bought my scanner fro Super Cheap it is not Bosch second down in price it can read fuel rail pressure only from rail sensor there is no other sensor on the fuel line other then fuel level in the tank

I am going to get into fuel feed pump connector tomorrow and if it is no oxidation on connector how this tell me about pressure it can deliver?
I apparently had a dirty fuel at some point recently

I don’t get what you are saying there is a fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail if you check the pressure with the engine off that will give you the low pressure pump value . When I said go to supercheap I meant get them to use their proper Bosch scan tool to check fuel pressure. But at home lift the rear seat base remove the round black cover and unplug the fuel pump plug and check for melted pins this causes the low pressure the in tank pumps very rarely have problems . I won’t be responding again I’ve tried to make it as simple as possible.

Thank you very much I will do this today (if connection will look good I will order another HP pump from reputable source this time around)
Today morning cold engine, ignition on fuel rail pressure is 660kpa (6.5Bar or 95Psi) and upon start an engine light conning on it was 700-730kpa

Can anyone give me a hint on how to - unclip (remove) rear seat on Peugeot 508 sedan
Do I need special tool?
It doesn't seems to unclip when i try to do it like on any other car - pulling it up with two hands on either side of he clip
Thanks

I already figured this out I had to move front seats forward and the i could have good look under seat plastic clip holding it need to be pushed to unclip

I already figured this out I had to move front seats forward and the i could have good look under seat plastic clip holding it need to be pushed to unclip
Hey! I read the whole thread and I'm seeing exactly the same symptoms as you. Did you find the root cause of this problem?

Do you have the same code on the same EP turbo engine? dmccurtayne has provided the most likely cause, the HP pump, particularly on an early engine. You should also test low pressure provided by the tank pump.

Do you have the same code on the same EP turbo engine? dmccurtayne has provided the most likely cause, the HP pump, particularly on an early engine. You should also test low pressure provided by the tank pump.
Hey!
I have the codes p0087, p0313, u1208. Car is 2014 pre face-lift 508, 1.6 THP in 156hp configuration.
Upon starting the car it judders and struggles to keep the idle. In order to keep it going I need to press the accelerator to manually keep the revs up. When doing this anywhere between 1-5 minutes the fuel pressure jumps to normal levels and the car feels fine.
The weird thing is, that this change in fuel pressure triggers at seemingly random times. I have a cheap obd scanner and have been logging the trips last couple weeks. The pressure rise does not seem to have any correlation with any of the parameters that I can read.
To me it looks more like something that tells the HPFP the required fuel pressure, not the pump itself because occasionally it works fine. Revs up to redline and all.
Any insight?

Best regards

There is a relevant diagnostic video from LM Auto Repairs - look up: Mini Cooper S R56 running rough... Error 2880, high pressure fuel system faults

Hey, thanks everybody for the input. For me the issue ended with the fuel pump disintegrating which took the timing chain with it. By some miracle the engine did not crash in on itself and I managed to get it repaired with a new chain set and HPFP.

Reactions: COL