ovygen socket size

pustieboy

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
can i get help with size of the socket size of oxygen O2 one below the manifold i think it is on the cat converetor please it is a Peugeout 308 petrol 1.6 2009 thank u kindly

You can purchase sockets that are designed to remove O2 sensors. The size is usually 7/8" or 22mm.

The plug on the Berlingo one actually fitted through the ring end of a 7/8" combination spanner. So I just theaded the wire through and slid the spanner down onto the sensor.
The Berlingo sensor is pretty easy to get to though.

Reactions: COL
The plug on the Berlingo one actually fitted through the ring end of a 7/8" combination spanner. So I just theaded the wire through and slid the spanner down onto the sensor.
The Berlingo sensor is pretty easy to get to though.
ok thanks i don't think i be able slide the plug thru the opening but it is a thought

A ring spanner won't fit over the plug. Get the proper tool, and be prepared to find it hard to remove.

A reputable brand isn't too expensive, and a good tool place will carry them.

A ring spanner won't fit over the plug. Get the proper tool, and be prepared to find it hard to remove.

A reputable brand isn't too expensive, and a good tool place will carry them.
thank you why did the top sensor go then few days after the bottom sensor went is something not right

The upper one detected a fueling fault. The lower second one may now have been damaged by contamination. If the fault persists you can be up for a cat converter, at great expense. Changing sensors doesn't cure the original problem.

It isn't a bad idea to change a pair. Clean the manifold thread (possibly with a tap) and torque the new units in correctly or they may be damaged. Do not over-tighten. The thread may need a touch of copper grease, but don't contaminate the sensor.

The upper one detected a fueling fault. The lower second one may now have been damaged by contamination. If the fault persists you can be up for a cat converter, at great expense. Changing sensors doesn't cure the original problem.

It isn't a bad idea to change a pair. Clean the manifold thread (possibly with a tap) and torque the new units in correctly or they may be damaged. Do not over-tighten. The thread may need a touch of copper grease, but don't contaminate the sensor.
thank you