Ouch

Pierre anthony

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Just took the cap off the pump motor, looks like I might need another pump this one looks like it's cooked. Can't upload the photo.

Thanks for that seasink, now I know what to use. I might have to ask my brother if I can fix this at his workshop as I don't own a compressor

Thanks for that seasink, now I know what to use. I might have to ask my brother if I can fix this at his workshop as I don't own a compressor
Just an update on this hydraulic pump saga, I opened the pump motor last weekend, not only was it choking on
I opened the pump motor las Saturday, it was chocked with
black paste but the insulation around the 2 coils had almost melted away. The resistor had almost been destroyed so I think this one is U/S. On a happier note, my youngest son has bought me a pump from a wrecker, and having learned from this last one I will open it up and make sure the motor is super clean. I forgot, before anyone says I have to have it programmed into the system, I will be swapping the black box from the original pump again this has worked on both replacement pumps.

The new s/h pump is in and active, the reservoir has been filled but still no action, do I have to open the bleed screw at the rear to get the fluid to circulate? Yes, I have pressurised the reservoir to 1.5 as per instructions but I think there might be an airlock in the suspension.

Turn ignition on only to start pump..do this 20 times then should be ready to fire up.
Everything is active again except the pump won't cut out. I ran the car for 3 minutes and touched the relay, very hot and the pump was too. I've taken the relay out to see if I can get another one. Off to the auto elec to get it tested.