Optibelt

Peter C

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
About to have a full cam belt kit done on my D9 406 and the mob I'll probably go with uses Optibelt components. Does anyone know, or have experience with this brand? Are they good?

Hmm. Seems that no one knows much about them.

Thanks Jaahn. Due to have my cam belt done and they, a long established firm, use Optibelt. I've heard of Gates and one or two others but not that brand.

I've been using Optibelt for a while, and both the belts and pulley sets have been fine. Good quality, and have lasted the lifespan until the next one's due. There was very little wear on the last belt I replaced.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Hi:)
I was talking to my mate and he said he used Optibelt belts when he had a Beetle back in the day(quite a while ago) and they were good. He was ordering a Optibelt timing belt kit for his current Transporter diesel.
Jaahn

Great. Think I'll go with Optibelt. The firm who will be doing the cam belt are well known so I'm probably being over cautious. Years ago, I'd do it myself but the years are catching up and I don't have the confidence I once had.

Last edited:
Great. Think I'll go with Optibelt. The firm who will be doing the cam belt are well known so I'm probably being over cautious. years ago, I'd do it myself but the years are catching up and I don't have the confidence I once had.
I can relate to that Peter, and the lockdowns seemed to make things worse in that age department, hopefully the bearings supplied will be top quality and last for as long as you wish.

Ken