Opinions wanted: should I buy a Demo 2017 Citroen Grand Picasso

sinkas

Fellow Frogger
I am considering purchasing this remnant at a dealer here in Perth

It has 20k mileage on it, and 3years warranty remaining, they want $35000 for it.
I am replacing a 2011 picasso, that has been really good for it's 150k mileage.

Am I mad buying this remnant, as the model has been out if distribution for 2.5 years? Etc.
I think it might be worth $25k?

Redbook says you would get $16900 - $19300 trade in with an average k's of 45k to 75k, so maybe $20000? Average private sale say $24?

I can't comment on whether the price is ok or not, but as a current owner of a Grand Picasso that we purchased new and is now 4 years old and has done 107,000km, I can vouch for it being a great car. It is very reliable, a pleasure to drive, comfortable cabin, good engine torque and auto gearbox, nice features and technology. Cannot fault it. Highly recommended daily driver.

Go hard - you know so much more than any salesman and bear in mind yours had a lot less to go wrong.
Adblue, jukebox, parking, touchscreen ... 2013 is enough for me.
Have you considered the 5008?

Last edited:
Go hard - you know so much more than any salesman and bear in mind yours had a lot less to go wrong.
Adblue, jukebox, parking, touchscreen ... 2013 is enough for me.

If you decide to go ahead

I agree go hard and remember it is end of the month and financial year, its the sales staff who are under pressure. new car sales are down and this car is old stock. Make your offer, be firm and walk away if necessary, but leave your phone number, you'd be surprised how often they call back and try pressure tactics , such as someone else is now looking at the car.

Don't forget to check past servicing, make sure oils have been changed as they are over due on time if not done

Ive given up, made a an offer of 25, and no response so Ill have to forget about it, I cant for the life of me understand why they are not just wanting to get rid of it, oh well, the sales guys insanely boring tropes, that he repeated verbatim on the second visit were cringe worthy,
also simply didn't know a thing about the car, and joked about that fact

- count your blessings ( I reckon you offered too much) there will always be another, even better one, about to come on the S/H market.
that said, I read a Drive review of a new $70k+ Mercedes today and - apart from being a G-wagen - it didn’t seem to be offering much more than the mkII Grand Piano, fully six years on. I suppose the GUI would be faster.

...also simply didn't know a thing about the car...

We looked at a Cactus for the boss, the salesman said it had 2 engine options, one more powerful than the other. Enquiring how much more power it had, what was difference between the engines, the response was 'ones more powerful than the other'.
At a Mazda dealership, we enquired what the difference was between 2 trim levels to justify the extra 7-8 grand. The answer was 'this one has chrome door handles'.

in 2013 we were looking at a new car for my partner. The second shape Ford Focus was in runout and we were looking at a red Diesel manual for a bit under $30000. We knew they had dealer incentives to move the last of the old shape car so we offered $25000. They said the best they could do was $27500. We said no deal. we went away and bought a new Skoda Fabia wagon, base model manual but with lots of extras for about $22000. About 9 months later we happened to see that same Focus still for sale, asking price was down to $19990. Somebody got a bargain.
We have been immensely happy with the Skoda, though. I's a delightful little car.