One owner 403

Greenpeace

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Came across this this on Marketplace. Can't imagine there would too many one owner ones out there.🤷‍♂️

The problem with one owner cars is they're often not being sold by the original owner and then you're relying on the tale told by the seller. One owner is a term that can have different meanings to seller and buyer. My 203 was a "one owner" at Regans but I later found when I tracked down the owner it had been bought as a six year old. The old style seller was always good at telling a buyer any tale he wished to hear.
The wide wheels don't go with the idea of it being original.

The problem with one owner cars is they're often not being sold by the original owner and then you're relying on the tale told by the seller. One owner is a term that can have different meanings to seller and buyer. My 203 was a "one owner" at Regans but I later found when I tracked down the owner it had been bought as a six year old. The old style seller was always good at telling a buyer any tale he wished to hear.
The wide wheels don't go with the idea of it being original.
The ad does state it comes with the original wheels and tyres.

the wheels are not original, the original wheels come with it , so if they had fitted the original wheels and sold it with the wide wheels ,then, the car would be original ? that is quite a wide tyre ,i suppose that with the transverse leaf spring the tyre doesn't have to share the same space as the strut as on my 404 ,the wide rims and tyres may not have been original to the car , but looks as if they were a performance option in period ,i spose if it had driving lights it defiantly wouldn't be original ,and wouldn't be eligible for club rego as of the 504 with incorrect seats, posted recently ? what's the world coming to

the wheels are not original, the original wheels come with it , so if they had fitted the original wheels and sold it with the wide wheels ,then, the car would be original ? that is quite a wide tyre ,i suppose that with the transverse leaf spring the tyre doesn't have to share the same space as the strut as on my 404 ,the wide rims and tyres may not have been original to the car , but looks as if they were a performance option in period ,i spose if it had driving lights it defiantly wouldn't be original ,and wouldn't be eligible for club rego as of the 504 with incorrect seats, posted recently ? what's the world coming to
Every second new 4x4 and SUV has bigger wheels and tyres, shiny bullbars etc.
If only they knew that in 25 or 30 years their poor choices will stop them from accessing club rego.😉

Funny how one owner is attractive. I bought a one owner Bertram 23 and the owner couldn't spell maintenance let alone understand what it meant :)

Funny how one owner is attractive. I bought a one owner Bertram 23 and the owner couldn't spell maintenance let alone understand what it meant :)
I had a one owner XE once. It was a privately owned taxi that the owner kept as his personal transport when he retired.
600,000 kms and drove like it, and it'd had more hits the The Beatles.🤣

I had a one owner XE once. It was a privately owned taxi that the owner kept as his personal transport when he retired.
600,000 kms and drove like it, and it'd had more hits the The Beatles.🤣
:ROFLMAO:Nothing like the sound of a failing ford diff - which could go on for 100,000 before it finally fails

I ran 403's and I knew others with them and I never came across a car with wide wheels. Some must have had them but I never came across one and I wrecked quite a few.

I ran wide wheels on mine with low profile P8 Pirellis. Had new wide rims fitted to 1967 404 centres. Improves the look of the car as they fill the rear wheel arch a bit more.