Old Citroens in Lidcombe (or Auburn) NSW

qmusic

Fellow Frogger
Hi all,
I ended up waiting over the weekend for a job on one of my non-Cits to be done, taking me through the streets of Auburn and Lidcombe in NSW.
Hopefully posting the address here is not a breach of anyone’s privacy as the cars were on full view, but I nearly fell over seeing this collection. Note the GS at the front which is nice.
Does anyone here own the collection and are they for restoration? An incredible sight in an unlikely spot.
Chris M

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, here they are….

Attachments

• D528BD21-94F0-41EC-A70B-37B35CC1DF0D.jpeg
    D528BD21-94F0-41EC-A70B-37B35CC1DF0D.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 262
  • 5EE1675A-B05B-4DE3-A95D-23E7C4236BC1.jpeg
    5EE1675A-B05B-4DE3-A95D-23E7C4236BC1.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 54F83A6D-16C4-4967-AE28-58CDE5CB1DA6.jpeg
    54F83A6D-16C4-4967-AE28-58CDE5CB1DA6.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 255
Wow Sydney council hasn't fined the owner yet?
I leave a car on the road unregistered for a week and get knocking at the front door 😂

Actually I think posting the full address without seeking the owner's permission is a bit rough and a bit rude - considering a member of Aussiefrogs has already had a complete collection of Renaults stolen.
Can you or a moderator edit the original post to remove the address?
(Address removed - Mod 24/3)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fenced development site in Auburn - you can see the bare ground. The area used to be free standing houses.

Actually I think posting the full address without seeking the owner's permission is a bit rough and a bit rude - considering a member of Aussiefrogs has already had a complete collection of Renaults stolen.
Can you or a moderator edit the original post to remove the address?
(Address removed - Mod 24/3)
Apologies, I was actually thinking in some way that rescuing might have been a prospect. Never mind, hopefully they won’t completely disintegrate. Thanks for taking the address out - my mistake.

And those stolen Renaults were in shipping containers if I am not mistaken. Classic Citroens are immune to theft? Looking at the multiple housing units looking over them, their whereabouts is no secret. Perhaps in full view is better security .

I came across a similar situation around ten years ago near my then workplace in Monbulk,except the vehicles were kombis and beetles at an abandoned house.enquired at local council for owners contact details,council would not reveal owners details.enquired at local police station and the feedback was druggies etc were frequent premises and if any thing went missing (let’s say cars) it wasn’t a real issue.watched over a couple of months as kombi tray went first,then beetle,then type 3 wagon,then Karman ghia.around six months later house bulldozed new house built.I would hope vehicles were restored but who knows.thing is somebody must have owned them and appears they were taken(stolen?)…jim

I don't think we can really say that old Citroens are immune from theft. Their value is steadily rising and there is definite interest in them. Various members have had people come to potentally buy cars/parts from only to later find that parts or whole cars have been stolen.

Possibly a better way to look at it is, would you like someone posting a photo of your parts stash/project cars online with your address. Try knocking on the neighbours door and see if they know the owner.

Wow Sydney council hasn't fined the owner yet?
I leave a car on the road unregistered for a week and get knocking at the front door 😂
If it's on private land there is little that a council can do about it - unless it is deemed to be a public safety risk. This does not appear to be a risk.

They aren't hidden, and there's no abandoned house. They are in full view behind fencing and they will probably move when the owner wants to start building. It isn't in a rural area - it couldn't be more opposite.

Finding them if you must is quite simple.

Great comments guys and amazing how perspectives and options can be so diverse. If I’m standing in front of a completely beautiful house, posting a message to other enthusiasts saying here it is, go check it out is supposed to be in good spirit. Sending a pack of potential thieves over top rip bits off it would be the last thing I would have thought of, but sometimes it takes someone to pick up on it, which is absolutely fine because in these times, it could be a reality. If anyone wants to check it out, please message me and I will let you know where it is, and I say this because I see a yard of languishing cars that might have become too much for the owner. Maybe he or she would love seeing one or two going to a good home where they could be restored and put back on the road.
As is said, they are in full, clear view from the street, no attempts to shield, and overlooked but multiple unit blocks and evidences. Try nicking one and I’m sure you be spotted and reported within about a minute. Chris M

I wonder if they are "overflow" from a Citroen repair shop, or have come from a closed business?

Or need a new home in the Middle East.

There are a few old car (as in unwanted) collection businesses in the area. Maybe someone has a taken fancy and kept them.

The red CX sedan, next to the DSpecial, next to the boat look suspiciously like those that were stored in the open at a warehouse off Canal Rd Mascot about 4 years ago. An attempt was made to contact the owner who (it seems) went by the name of Michael somebody involved in Italian furniture/restoration (memory faded); and who rudely dismissed any enquiry. Not an AFer. Those cars were rusting in peace then, they continue to do so. Any hope of any restoration or saving (salvaging) has almost evaporated.
What a waste, what a shame.

Clarification, I have it on good authority that the aforementioned red CX sedan, DSpecial and boat do not belong to the 'Michael' as previously suspected but belong to a car club member along with the others. I sincerely apologise if I have trodden on anyone's toes.