oil temp

The auto 207cc's were ladies cars I recall someone mentioning. Not quite sure on that.

But the 207cc Sport is a cracker.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 206
The oil temperature gauge normally operates with 7 bars displayed (see below) but yesterday intermittently went to 8 bars for a short period. Under similar conditions today, it stayed constantly on 7 bars

attachment.php

My mechanically challenged mind does not understand what would cause the oil temperature to rise when the coolant temperature gauge remains normal? I could understand the excessively hot day putting pressure on the radiator/coolant temperature, but I thought the oil temperature would be fairly removed from ambient temperature? Doesn’t the cooling system keep the engine block at a relatively constant temperature? Could anything else eg turbos, Regen, transmission impact indirectly on oil temperature?

Not sure if it is still the case, but Kia Cerato by default does not display a temperature gauge. You have to dig down in a menu to find it. I think the rationale is that you need not worry about engine temperature until it becomes a problem (warning light will appear). If you are stranded in the outback with an overheated engine on a hot day though, you may have preferred some additional warning?

Attachments

• oil temp.JPG
    oil temp.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 101
  • oil temp.png
    oil temp.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
The oil temperature gauge normally operates with 7 bars displayed (see below) but yesterday intermittently went to 8 bars for a short period. Under similar conditions today, it stayed constantly on 7 bars

attachment.php

My mechanically challenged mind does not understand what would cause the oil temperature to rise when the coolant temperature gauge remains normal? I could understand the excessively hot day putting pressure on the radiator/coolant temperature, but I thought the oil temperature would be fairly removed from ambient temperature? Doesn’t the cooling system keep the engine block at a relatively constant temperature? Could anything else eg turbos, Regen, transmission impact indirectly on oil temperature?

Not sure if it is still the case, but Kia Cerato by default does not display a temperature gauge. You have to dig down in a menu to find it. I think the rationale is that you need not worry about engine temperature until it becomes a problem (warning light will appear). If you are stranded in the outback with an overheated engine on a hot day though, you may have preferred some additional warning?

Most likely the oil temp is running at 7.4 led bars normally and a slight increase to 7.5 puts it at 8 bars when rounded down to one digit of precision. Coolant has a bit of lag or more likely is healthy and maintained normal cooling temp. It should have some headroom in its capacity to cool otherwise things get a little jittery.