2 Hamilton
3 Norris
4 Perez
5 Sainz
6 Bottas
7 Leclerc
8 Tsunoda
9 Ocon
10 Ricicicicicicicicicicicaaaaaaardoooo.

Bottas in number 6 is in a great position to "follow" team orders and go bowling should they deem it necessary :p

Ah it's going to be hoot. If it's a clean race we'll rejoice, if it's a messy race we'll rejoice. can't be disappointed at this point.

If anyone is after a quick recap this made me chuckle;

If you don't have pay TV, the internet has delivered the feed from UK Sky. Kicks off at midnight.

Holy Cup Cakes.. Highlights here.

and Lewis's radio during the safety car / back marker fiasco for Merc

What an end, what a shame.

No surprise here, I stopped watching F1 regularly after it became less of a drivers championship and more about pit stops, safety cars (real and virtual) and team strategy.

Yeah what a shamozle, the entire years worth of work coming down to a one lap sprint with one of the competitors on fresh tyres..

Brutal.

No racing happening here.

Yeah what a shamozle, the entire years worth of work coming down to a one lap sprint with one of the competitors on fresh tyres..

Brutal.

No racing happening here.

Both combatants had the opportunity to change tyres. Only the winners did! :)

As Lando Norris has said - "it was all about the TV coverage" - and I have to agree.
The race was handed to Max on a plate, with dubious decisions by the race director/s - under pressure, yes.
F1 now fully transformed to NASCAR - no, NASCAR would have finished behind the Safety Car - boring but fair to the racing.
Hmmm.

As Lando Norris has said - "it was all about the TV coverage" - and I have to agree.
The race was handed to Max on a plate, with dubious decisions by the race director/s - under pressure, yes.
F1 now fully transformed to NASCAR - no, NASCAR would have finished behind the Safety Car - boring but fair to the racing.
Hmmm.

In all honesty, I believe that the public worldwide, (apart from those in Britain) were just a little pissed off about Mercedes dominance in F1. I know I was. Red Bull won more races than Mercedes and was therefore due to win the championship. Hamilton has enjoyed the best F1 car for the last 7 years or so and whilst I agree he can drive he has had an unfair advantage over virtually everyone else, including his teammate. The only people complaining about the last race are the POMS.

I don't know... i certainly "don't" like Lewis, but for the event to decided like that.. ah man just not cool.

But take your point, it's trendy to rip into the dudes that are winning all the time. And he's kinda annoying, so there's that :p

I don't particularly like either Max or Lewis, but FIA broke their own rules and should have let all the lapped cars past, if the rules are deficient fix them for next time, they cant make new ones on the run. I know that would have meant finishing the race under safety car, but that's their rules.

Hamilton manages old tyres well and was pulling away from Max until, first the stranded car and virtual yellow flag followed by accident and safety car.

Race director allowed only five of the lapped cars past the safety car, I haven't looked, but I wonder if any of the also rans were disadvantaged by race directors decision.

Mercedes had 96 hrs (4 days) to lodge an official appeal with the FIA, expired last night.
As reported, they have decided not to appeal the results of Abu Dhabi GP, but Lewis and Toto were not intending to attend last night's gala awards ceremony, presumably in protest . Their chief engineer would attend to pick up the trophy for the Constructors championship, which is more important to the team anyway, as it decides the amount of "subsidies" for the team next year.
The FIA have stated they will carry out a full investigation into the processes involving the incident, with a view to reviewing those processes.
Probably the best outcome, legal appeals may have got pretty nasty.

What you are missing, is , Race Director and STEWARDS have the final say. (No matter what the rule book says, look it up)

And Toto had said in the last THREE races he would like the races to finish under Green Flag.

Suddenly Merc dont go for safe statergy and change tyre, because they deamed track position important. Merc made the wrong call. Thats what lost the GP and Championship. Stratergy is a calculated Gamble.

Ray

What you are missing, is , Race Director and STEWARDS have the final say. (No matter what the rule book says, look it up)

And Toto had said in the last THREE races he would like the races to finish under Green Flag.

Suddenly Merc dont go for safe statergy and change tyre, because they deamed track position important. Merc made the wrong call. Thats what lost the GP and Championship. Stratergy is a calculated Gamble.

Ray
And of course, if a certain MB driver had won more races earlier in the year, this last one wouldn't have been in the spotlight.