ODA Paris bonnet catches

R100S

Tadpole
I have made a couple of very high quality sets of the screw down catches originally made by ODA of Paris. These turned up on Delage, Bugatti, Amilcar, etc and are very hard to find.

I have two sets that are available after plating. I have seen reproduction sets of the same thing and thought there is no way I would put rubbish like that on my car. So if anyone wants a very high quality set, please contact me.

Regards, Lloyd.

Attachments

• RIMG3352.JPG
    RIMG3352.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 542
  • Copy of RIMG3347.JPG
    Copy of RIMG3347.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 721
  • Copy of RIMG3349.JPG
    Copy of RIMG3349.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
ODA bonnet catches.

R100S said:
I have made a couple of very high quality sets of the screw down catches originally made by ODA of Paris. These turned up on Delage, Bugatti, Amilcar, etc and are very hard to find.

I have two sets that are available after plating. I have seen reproduction sets of the same thing and thought there is no way I would put rubbish like that on my car. So if anyone wants a very high quality set, please contact me.

Regards, Lloyd.

Lloyd,
Can you do us some pics or drawings of these interesting catches? :)
A friend of mine, Bob is in the planning stages of building a single seater Peugeot engined '50's racer. He would find them interesting.
On Sunday at a local auto swap I found what is called a Le Mans fuel filler cap. It was among a range of accessories for Chev Corvettes. When I pointed it out to Bob he was over the moon. He got it for $70. :cheers:

ODA Paris bonnet catches.

Ray Bell said:
Just like they have on Leyland buses?

The friend who's building the racer, Wildebeest, is he building a replica of something that once existed, or just building a car he'd like to build?

Ray,
The fliptop cap isn't as heavy as the Leyland bus model or that on the early Leyland Hippo and Octopus radiator caps. The oil filler caps on Gardner diesels had these as well. The Corvette cap looks like that on the Cobra to give you some idea. :cool:

Bob's racer will be built along the lines of a '50's car. Hopefully incorporating the better features of that period's specials. He has to keep everything, as you know, within a certain year limit. '48 - '49 I believe. It can't be log booked. :disappr:

PS. Yes, it will be built as he would like to. Don't worry Ray, not another Bondley!!

Last edited:
'48 - '49? Who changed the rules?

You're only allowed to create 'in the likeness' cars from pre-war or substantially similar (ie. run-on) very early post-war parts. Post-war 202 parts, for instance.

Mind you, I don't like that restriction... I think up to '55 but without ohv V8s or Jag engines.

ODA etc..

Ray Bell said:
'48 - '49? Who changed the rules?

You're only allowed to create 'in the likeness' cars from pre-war or substantially similar (ie. run-on) very early post-war parts. Post-war 202 parts, for instance.

Mind you, I don't like that restriction... I think up to '55 but without ohv V8s or Jag engines.

Ray,
Bob's racer will be using 203 running gear. Because he will run it in purely regularity events this will be OK. Obviously because it will be a scratch build with no "provenance" it won't have a log book.
He's been getting around with his Webers and manifold under his arm like a set of bagpipes, showing them off! :joker:

Yes it is a pity about the restrictions but it would be difficult to be fair.
With my 25 year old brain rattling around in my 60 + year old body I still visualise a single seater with late '50's Aronde running gear, not fast but a swag of fun. A story for another day eh?

Sorry about the delayed response. I will endeavour to get some photos on the site over the next couple of days. Pls stay tuned in the meantime.

Regards.

Ray Bell said:
Simca engines were used in a couple of cars, IIRC...

I believe there are about six Arondes being prepared for Appendix J at the moment.
Geoff Rose is running one at the moment and has entered it in the Ampol Rerun
Graham