O rings for fuel injectors cx t2

ARCHRIVAL

Fellow Frogger
went to fire up the cx today key working immobiliser working then fuel pissing out everywhere from fuel rail .
anyone got the specs for a set of O rings for the injectors and rail thanks

You will need to pull the fuel rail off and match the Orings. They will be readily available from anywhere that sells bolts/bearings/etc.

DS injectors are different, they have rubber lines clamped to the top. Your will bolt down under a fuel rail and have an 'O'ring each end. It probably a standard 'O' ring used on all bosch injectors :)

If you had this apart before, make sure there isn't two 'O'ring anywhere (ie: you replaced the 'O'ring on the injector, but one was still stuck in the fuel rail).

just as well it let go then and not with a hot engine on the freeway ,check your high pressure fuel lines while you are at it .pugs

low and behold each of the top O rings hard as plastic maybe a warning with old fuel injected cars .
bottom O rings sooty and crumbly

Attachments

• PXL_20210422_090225130~2.jpg
    PXL_20210422_090225130~2.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 94
Whilst you are messing with this part of the car, the fuel-pressure regulator is also worth checking (probably replacing). I've posted here a few times explaining the near miss I had when the regulator on one of my T2s basically stopped regulating and instead, started diverting the pressurised fuel down the tube to the inlet manifold. I assume that the diaphragm inside had rotted away? I couldn't find a new, original part but the Intermotor 16504 was cheap, readily available and seems to work fine.

low and behold each of the top O rings hard as plastic maybe a warning with old fuel injected cars .
bottom O rings sooty and crumbly
If you can find the upper O-rings in Viton it would probably be worth the extra few $. Viton degrades much more slowly than ordinary nitrile (buna) in high temperature applications.

IN these strange days i had trouble. Just getting the bloody seals from an auto spares shop . I hope the green ones are Viton.
i noticed some rust on the inside of the fuel rail but not to the touchiest feelie stage .
as usual a couple of washers lost down the back of the motor

car is now going no leaks but as per the d special cooling issues have arrived

Attachments

• PXL_20210423_060817371~2.jpg
    PXL_20210423_060817371~2.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 90